CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

━━ Third Person,
June twenty-fourth. ━━

"I'm going out to dinner with my friends tonight, if that's okay." Dawn said, food stuffed in her mouth whilst they all had their Sunday morning breakfast.

"Yeah sure," Calum nods, cutting his pancake in half. "Just promise to be home by seven. I have a very important person coming over, and I need to impress them."

"Who?" Dawn raised her eyebrow.

"A very important director for our Hospital region." Luke answered for Calum, "Calum brags about you so he wants you to be there."

"No pressure." Dawn laughs. "I'll be home by seven."

"Thank you." Calum smiled.

Around four-thirty, Dawn left for dinner. She walked to the restaurant with her friends and they all had a wonderful dinner.

The whole time, she saw Xavier wiggling his eyebrows at Harvey— which confused her, but she didn't say anything.

"What time is it?" Dawn asked, not wanting to go through her bag and find her phone. She prayed to god that she wasn't late.

"Six Fifty-Three," Olivia said.

Chills and a wave of panic rushed through Dawn, and she immediately got up. "Fuck— I've gotta be home by seven, is anyone willing to drive me?"

"No, I'm so sorry, I can't." Cameron apologized.

Harvey got up immediately, "I can drive you." He sent Dawn a smile, grabbing her left overs in a box for her. "Xavier, I'll pay you back if you pay for me."

"Don't worry about it." Xavier winked at Harvey, who flipped him off..

They both said goodbye and rushed out of the restaurant fast, Dawn grabbed her phone and texted her dad quickly.

dawn.
i'm on my way home

She prayed to God and the heavens above that this wouldn't take long. She could not be late, she would literally be dead and grounded for life.

Harvey backed out of the parking lot, and began driving to Dawn's house. He'd dropped her off on multiple occasions and had been in her room, but this time felt more tense.

"Why do you have to be home?" Harvey broke the tense silence.

"I promised my dad I would start being home on time, and he said if I wasn't he would take major precautions and that is the last thing I need right now." She explained, her voice sounding stressed.

They pulled up to a red light, and Harvey decided to put on music to drop the tension— The Band Camino is what he started playing.

"Hey," he put his hand on Dawns, which caused her to snap her head to look at him. "It's okay, don't stress out."

His dark eyes stared into her soul, and his fingers grazed over her fingers and fingertips— which made her want to die on the spot.

Dawn's hair fell in front of her face, which made Harvey want to tuck it behind her ear, but he didn't. Her dark eyes stared up at him innocently, which it took everything in him not to fucking kiss her.

She cleared her throat, "T—Thanks, yeah. I know."

He admired her deeply, but stopped when he heard a honk behind him— realizing he had been staring at her for an awkward amount of time.

He continued driving to Dawn's house, his tongue grazing over his teeth— trying to make up his mind about what he was going to do.

When they stopped in front of her house, she turned to him and went to say thank you— but Harvey had different plans.

He unbuckled his seat, and cupped Dawn's cheeks fast. Which caused her to shut the fuck up.

They stared at each other with tension rising in between them, and Dawn was so confused. What was happening?

"Dawn." Harvey mumbled. "I want to kiss you."

Dawn went to open her mouth, and say something, but she was stuck.

"Can I kiss you, Dawn?" Harvey whispered, rubbing his thumb over her cheek gently. Dawn knew that if she spoke, she would be a stuttering mess.

She nodded, and Harvey's lips crashed onto hers in one second.