Chapter Eight

Andy's pov
"So, um..." I started to say, even though I didn't know what I was going to say next. There was so much that I wanted to say to Robert, but I didn't know where to start.
"I'm sorry," he said, before I said anything else. "I should never of said anything to Luke. I thought if I could just talk to him as a friend... but it was stupid of me. That was the worst mistake of my life, because it was the mistake that cost me everything. It cost me you. And everyday I wish I could go back and change what I did. If I could, I would. Because that way I would never of lost you. And I understand if you don't want to forgive me, I really do. And I know we haven't even seen each other in years, but Andy, I still love you, and nothing is ever going to change that," Robert said. As he spoke, my breath caught in my throat. I couldn't believe this was really happening. I've dreamt about this moment so many times, but I never thought it would actually happen. Robert still loves me. As I let his words sink in, I began to smile.
"I- I still love you too," I stuttered, still too shocked and happy to speak properly. As I got my breath back, I continued, "And I'm sorry too. It wasn't just your fault, I was in the wrong too. I overreacted that night. I couldn't help it though. I was scared. I was scared of losing you, but somehow that was what made it happen. If I hadn't of overreacted like that... well who knows what could've happened. I'm so sorry Robert, and I love you so so so much."
I hadn't even noticed the tears streaming down my face until he reached out a hand to wipe them. As his thumb brushed against my face, I grabbed hold of his other hand and held it in mine. Before I could think about what I was doing, we were both leaning in closer. I couldn't help smiling into the kiss, I was just so happy. This day had started with me crying in my bunk, I never thought it would turn into anything this perfect. A few seconds later, we both pulled away and smiled at each other. Everything about this moment was perfect. Until...

Robert's pov
I couldn't believe this was really happening. I had just told Andy the truth about how I still love her. A few seconds after I finished talking, a smile crept onto her face. "I- I still love you too," she said. Wait what? I was so happy, I didn't think there was any chance that Andy would still love me after what I did. "And I'm sorry too. It wasn't just your fault, I was in the wrong too. I overreacted that night. I couldn't help it though. I was scared. I was scared of losing you, but somehow that was what made it happen. If I hadn't of overreacted like that... well who knows what could've happened. I'm so sorry Robert, and I love you so so so much." As she spoke, a few tears slipped out of the corner of her eye. Without thinking, I reached out and brushed them away. When Andy grabbed my hand, I began to smile. And then, everything fell perfectly into place. We both leaned in at the same time, and as we kissed, I noticed Andy was smiling into it as well. It was then that I realized I hadn't been this happy since before Andy and I had that argument. And I know that I'm her captain, and we technically shouldn't be doing this, but I wasn't going to let that stop me this time. There is no way in hell that I am going to let anything tear us apart again. And I know that Andy probably wouldn't want it, but if it came to it, I would pick her over my job. I would step down from the Captain role that I only started today if it meant getting to be with her. I would do anything if it meant getting to spend the rest of my life with Andy. Anything.
But in this moment we were together. It was like the rest of the world had melted away and it was just the two of us. Nothing couldn't ruin this moment. At least that's what I thought.

A/n: hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I've been super busy with school and homework and I haven't really had much free time :( I know this is a short chapter, but I really wanted to update! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and I will try to get the next chapter up soon :)