Chapter Six

Robert's Pov
I'd just finished doing paperwork, and I decided to see if Andy wanted to talk now. I was about to text her when I realised that I don't have her number on my new phone. So, I shouted her across the fire house. I knew that the team probably wouldn't find it suspicious; they'd probably think I was shouting at her for staying in her bunk all day. But I was hoping that neither of us would be shouting, just talking.
A few moments later, I saw Andy standing outside my door. She looked as though she was about to knock, but then she hesitated. Not wanting her to change her mind and leave, I went and opened the door myself. "Hey," I said, "Come sit down." Only then did I realise that this might be a bit awkward: me sat behind my desk like I was her boss. Which technically I was, but we weren't talking about work, we were talking about us.
So that's when I decided to ask her out for coffee. "So I was wondering do you want to go get coffee or something after shift?" I asked her. For a second she looked shocked and I wondered if she was going to say no.
"Uh sure, where do you want to go?" She replied, almost nervously.
"There's a nice coffee shop a few blocks away?" I suggested. Andy nodded and smiled at me.
"If you text me the address, we could meet there at five?" She said. I thought for a moment, shift finishes in an hour, at four, so that should be alright. But I don't have Andy's number on my new phone and I don't know how to ask for it without sounding awkward. "Oh wait I got a new phone I'll have to give you my number," she said suddenly. Problem solved. I passed Andy my phone and waited as she tapped in her number.
"I'll see you later then," I said smiling at her.
"See you later," she said, smiling back. As Andy went to go and do some chores or something, I sat back at my desk to do some more boring paperwork. Only two hours to go before Andy and I finally get to talk.

Andy's pov
I hadn't been expecting Robert to want to talk out of work. I guess that means there will be less chance of us getting interrupted. Which is good, because then we will definitely get to talk, but also kind of bad, because there's no way of getting out if things get awkward. Not that I think they will. I mean sure, we haven't talked for years, but if it's anything like before, Robert is the easiest person in the world for me to talk to.
I left Robert's office and finally went to get on with some chores. I had just started cleaning the engine when Maya appeared beside me. This was not going to be good. Vic already knew about Robert and I, I couldn't have Maya finding out as well. "So," she started, "I was thinking me, you and Vic should go out for girls night tonight. We haven't been out just us girls in forever, plus you could find some random hot guy to hook up with." There was no way in hell I was doing that. I really really didn't want to admit it even to myself, but the only guy I want to be with is Robert. And I know I shouldn't be thinking like that, but I still love him, more than anyone. I can't help it, I just do.
"I can't tonight sorry, I have plans," I told Maya, and it was the truth. However, she didn't need to know that my plans are getting coffee with our captain, who may very well be the love of my life.
"Some other time then?" She asked.
"Uh sure," I said, even though I knew I probably wouldn't follow through with that. As Maya left to go and do her own chores, my thoughts went back to Robert. It's like he is all I can think about. I was starting to get nervous about later. What if he's moved on? What if we have another fight? What if he doesn't love me anymore? Every possible scenario entered my head, until I got so overwhelmed that I ended up throwing the sponge I was using at the side of the engine.
Taking a deep breath, I picked up the sponge again and continued with my chores, begging myself to think about something else. Anything else.

Vic's pov
I watched as Andy went into Sullivan's office, and then came out looked slightly confused, but ultimately happier than when she went in. That had to be a good thing, right? I hate seeing Andy down and I really hope those two make up so she can be happy again. I know that what happened between them was bad, but it's clear that they love each other a lot. So hopefully that will be enough for them.
A few minutes later I saw Maya go over to where Andy was cleaning the engine, then leaving again a few seconds later. Heading over to where Maya was now, I asked her, "What did Andy say?" She looked up at me.
"I asked her if she wanted to get drinks with us after shift, but she said she has plans," Maya explained. Plans. Maybe that's what happened in Sullivan's office. Which must surely means they made up, if they made plans. I nodded, and then went to go and talk to Andy. I was just around the corner from the engine when Andy threw a sponge at it. For a couple of seconds she just stood there blankly, but then she composed herself and carried on cleaning. What's going on with her?
"Hey Andy," I said, walking over. Her head jerked up when she realised she wasn't alone.
"Hey," she replied.
"You okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, Robert- er, I mean Sullivan and I made plans to get coffee after shift so we can talk properly," Andy told me. I smiled at her, glad that her and Sullivan were making progress.
"That's great," I said, "Well I'll leave you to it, I'm going to go and work out in the gym." With that, I walked away and headed to the gym.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so excited for the Station 19 Greys Anatomy crossover tonight!! I don't get to watch it until tomorrow bc I live in the UK and it's on at 4am but I still can't wait! I decided to cut the chapter short so I could release it today, but I promise there'll be another chapter soon! I'm thinking of also starting a new fanfic as well based on the new episode, but it depends what happens 😬 Anyways, I'm super excited and I really hope nothing too bad happens!! Hope u all liked the chapter :) xx

Haunted By The Past - A Surrera StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara