Chapter Thirty-Two

Andy's pov
I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. I had bruises and scrapes all over my face still and my hair was a knotty mess. I pulled the hospital gown up to look at my stomach, and I saw even more bruises.
Maya did this to me. Maya. One of my best friends. At least she used to be. I know that we were mad at each other, but I didn't realise she was this mad. All I did was tell Vic about something and not her. It's not like Maya to get jealous. But I guess I don't know her at all anymore.
"Andy are you okay in there?" I heard Robert shouting from the other room. It had been just over a week since I woke up from the coma, and the doctors had finally cleared me to go home. I was in the hospital bathroom, getting changed back into my normal clothes. Or at least that's what I was supposed to be doing.
"Yeah I'm fine, I'll be out in a few minutes," I shouted back. Slowly, I pulled the hospital gown over my head and changed into a loose top and some yoga pants.
I got my hairbrush out of my bag and tried to comb my hair. When I lifted my arms to do that, I felt a pain in my stomach. Frustrated, I through the brush across the room, making a loud noise as it hit the wall. I was so tired of not being able to do the simplest things by myself. Even getting dressed had hurt.
Hearing the noise, Robert came rushing into the room. "Andy are you okay? What happened?" He asked concerned.
Rather than answering him, I just started to cry. I fell to the floor and put my head in my hands, sobbing. Robert crouched down beside me and wrapped his arms around me gently.
"Hey, it's okay, I've got you," he whispered into my ear, trying to comfort me. At first I tried to get away, but after a few seconds I gave in and collapsed into his arms. "Talk to me, what's wrong?" Robert asked. I took a shaky breath and looked up into his eyes. I was met with a look of concern, and love.
"I'm scared. And I'm tired of people having to help me with even the smallest of things. I just want everything to go back to normal," I told him, and he held me tighter.
"It will, soon. I know it might not feel like it now, but you're getting stronger every day. We're going home today, that alone is a sign that you're getting better. And I'll be with you every step of the way, for whatever you need, I promise," Robert said. He always managed to make me feel better about whatever is bothering me, it's one of the many, many things I love about him.
After a few seconds of just holding me, Robert reached across the room and grabbed the brush. He moved us slightly so that I was sat in front of him, and then he started to brush my hair. He did it gently, making sure that he didn't pull it or hurt me at all.
"Thank you. For everything. For staying with me, for helping me, for not leaving me. Thank you Robert. I love you so, so, so, so much," I whispered, when he put the brush down.
"I love you too, and you know I would do all of this a hundred times over for you, and I will never ever leave you," he said, and I smiled.
As we leant up to kiss, there was a knock on the door. "Andy? Robert?" I heard Meredith shouting. Robert helped me to stand up and walk back into the hospital room.
"I thought you'd left already for a second there," she joked and we all laughed.
"Well no offence, but I can't wait to get out of here," I said.
"You've just got to sign these discharge papers and you'll be free to go. Remember, you have to come in for check-ups every week, no work, no heavy lifting or anything too strenuous. For now you just need to rest as much as you can to let your body heal," Meredith reminded me and I nodded, signalling that I understood. Robert and I both signed the discharge papers, and then I sat down in the wheelchair and he pushed me to the hospital doors. When we reached them, I stood up, and Robert put his arm under mine to support me.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, just ready to get out of here," I said and he nodded and smiled.
On the drive home, we sat in a comfortable silence, until we were about five minutes away.
"So, when Grey made me go home for a bit, I picked up some of your stuff," Robert said.
"What about Maya? She wasn't there was she?" I asked, and Robert turned to look at me for a few seconds before putting his attention back on the road.
"No. Andy, there's something I need to tell you when we get home," he said, a serious tone to his voice.
"Um.. okay," I said, confused.
It wasn't long until we got home, and when we were sat down on the couch I looked over at Robert expectantly.
"So what did you want to tell me?" I asked.
"Um... Andy, Bishop got arrested," he told me.
I didn't know how to feel. On one hand, I was glad that she was paying for what she did, and that made me feel safer. But on the other hand, it just doesn't feel right.
"Oh... okay," I said, because I didn't know what else there was to say. Robert put a comforting hand on my leg, and I smiled. I was so grateful that Robert had stayed with me through all of this.