Chapter Twenty-Five

Robert's pov
"Robert, I think we should go somewhere a bit more private for us to tell you this," Alex said and I started to panic. That must mean it's bad news. I shook my head.
"Just tell me," I snapped, just wanting to know how Andy was. I saw all four of the doctors exchanging looks, which just made me even more scared. Finally, it was Dr Grey that spoke up.
"Andy suffered a severe injury to her abdomen. Her stitches reopened from her previous surgery, causing her to bleed out, and loose a lot of blood. She also had internal bleeding, but we need to wait a while to see whether that will stop on its own or whether we will need to operate," she explained.
"Andy also suffered a severe brain injury, which caused her to slip into a coma. I'm so sorry," Dr Shepherd told me.
"Will she wake up?" I asked, my voice cracking.
"I'm afraid we can't say for definite. Yes, there is a chance that she will wake up. That could be in a few days, or a few weeks, even a few months. But it isn't certain. Robert I'm so sorry," Dr Grey told me, and I started to break down. Luke walked over to try and comfort me, but I pushed him away. The only person I wanted to be with right now is Andy.
"Can I see her?" I asked.
"Yes, she's in the ICU, Dr Karev will take you up," Dr Bailey, Warren's wife, said, and I nodded. I followed Alex in silence, too scared to speak. I was scared that Andy might not wake up. Scared that I might never get to speak to her or be with her again.
When we came to stop, Alex put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm going to warn you, she looks pretty rough, so be prepared," he told me and I nodded.
"Thank you," I said before walking into the room slowly. I felt my breath catch in my throat at the sight in front of me. Andy was in a hospital gown, her hair laid out around her head. There were wires and tubes everywhere, connecting her to machines. Most of her injuries were covered, but I could still see all of the bruises and cuts on her face.
I took the few steps over to her bed and sat in the seat beside it. I took her hand in mine and started to talk to her, "Andy I don't know if you can hear me, but I want you to know that I'm here. And that I love you so, so, so much. I can't lose you again, I can't, so I need you to, please, wake up for me." By this point there were tears falling down my face and my voice was trembling. I rested my head on our hands, after kissing Andy on the forehead.
I sat like that for a while, I'm not sure how long, until I heard a knock at the door.
"Mr Herrera is here to see Andy, can I let him in?" A nurse asked me. Reluctantly, I let go of Andy's hand and sat back in the chair, before nodding. A few moments later, Captain Herrera walked into the room.
"Uh, I was just leaving," I muttered, although I had been planning on staying with Andy until she woke up. No matter how long that might be. But if I stayed then Captain Herrera would find out about Andy and I, and I knew that Andy wanted to tell him in her own time. I stood up to leave but he stopped me.
"Sullivan, stay. It's clear that there's something going on between you two. I could see it when you were her instructor at the academy, and I can see it now. You love each other, and I can tell how much you want to stay with her. So stay," Captain Herrera said and I nodded gratefully.
"Thank you sir, it means a lot," I said, as I sat back down beside Andy and took her hand again.
We sat there for hours, one of us either side of the hospital bed, begging that Andy would wake up. Although we knew it could be weeks or even months before that happened, neither of us wanted to leave just in case.
After a couple of hours had passed, Luke and Hughes came by Andy's room. "Hey Sully, any changes?" Luke asked, and I shook my head sadly, and told him to be quieter because Captain Herrera was asleep. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. "Don't come into work tomorrow, I know you've had a lot of time off recently, but just take as much time as you need," he told me.
"Thank you," I said gratefully, before turning to Hughes. "Do you want a few minutes with Andy? I know you two are close," I offered and she nodded. I got up and walked out of the room with Luke, although I refused to go any further than the hallway outside the hospital room.

Vic's pov
I took Sullivan's seat beside Andy and held her hand. I sat there in silence for a few moments, unsure of what to say. Pruitt was still in the room, but he was asleep so he won't be able to hear me.
"So, um, I don't know if you can even hear me or not, but Andy, I need you to wake up. You're my best friend, I need you awake. There's something I need to talk to you about, but not right now, because your dads in the room, even if he is asleep. Him and Sullivan have been sat in this room ever since they were allowed in. They need you to wake up too. So please Andy, please wake up," I said, muttering slightly. I would've stayed longer, but I knew that Sullivan would want to be in here, so I got up and walked out. "Bye Andy, I'll come back and see you tomorrow after shift," I whispered as I left the room.