CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

━━ Dawn Graham,
April seventh. ━━

"Thee Jacob Miller invited you to his party?" Noelle's jaw was on the floor, "Oh my god. We are so going."

"No, we aren't." I narrowed my eyes on her. "Parties are so overhyped. And boring. Especially high school parties. It's not worth going."

"Obviously you've never been to a good party."

━━

I stood in front of the school, patiently waiting for Calum, or literally anyone, to pick me up. But none of them are answering their phones, which worries and upsets me.

"Hey," I looked beside me and saw Jacob carrying two giant bags. "What're you still doing here?"

"I'm supposed to be picked up, but no one answers their phones. So.'' I shrug, anxiously rubbing my arm.

"Oh, I can drive you home." He offers.

"You really don't have to–"

He interrupts me by grabbing my backpack off the ground, smiling a toothy smile. "Don't worry, it's no big deal. Follow me."

After a second of thinking, I follow him toward his nice ass sports car. He opens the backseat door and throws in all of the bags, then proceeds to open my door.

"Oh, thank you." I smile, getting in and buckling myself.

He gets in on his side, closes the door and buckles himself. We began our drive to my house.

"Have you thought about the party invite?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod, "Parties aren't necessarily my thing, and I don't really know if I want to go, you know?" I shrug.

"Oh." He nods, "Hey, don't worry about it. It'll be so much fun. However, a lot of people don't get this opportunity. My parties are an invite only."

I thought he was joking about this statement.

"Sure." I nodded slowly, "Just let me think about it."

━━

"Absolutely not." Calum shakes his head. "Teenage parties are dangerous and can go extremely unsafe. It's also not something I want you going to right now, Peanut."

I frown, "Please." I beg, "I promise I'll text you every single minute of the party, and send you my location at all times!"

He looks up from his paperwork and stays silent for a couple of seconds. "Who's going, and what time does it begin and end?"

"Noelle, and a couple other friends from school. It starts at seven, and ends around midnight."

"Alright," He leans back in his office chair and crosses his arms. "You can go, but I am driving you and picking you up. You're sending me your location twenty-four seven, and if I smell any alcohol on you, there will be consequences. How's that sound?"

I jumped up and down excitedly, "Yes! It sounds great, thank you so, so much."

He grins slightly, glancing at his clock. "It's six, so let's eat dinner and then when we're both done I'll take you."