Prologue

(A/N: Welcome to the revamped version of Mrs Mikaelson. The beginning is mostly the same but there are certain chapters that I rewrote almost completely. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope you all like it too. Please don't plagarise this and as always, enjoy. XxD)

*****************************************************************

"Where is he going?" Katherine asked as she held out the mug of coffee to Klaus who was inside Alaric's body.

His eyes and smirk were something of wicked enjoyment as he took the mug. "To retrieve me. So, I can get out of this bad hairdo," he replied, eyes filling with disgust as he sipped and moved past the doppelganger and into the kitchen.

"Are you sure that's a good idea Klaus?" she asked as he walked, spinning to face him.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I've killed the witch. I have the moonstone. The doppelganger is waiting in the wings. I am ready to break this curse."

"And why would you do that here?" she pressed. "There are so many who would try to stop you."

"Because I have to," Klaus replied sighing. "It's the birthplace of the doppelganger."

"Didn't realise that was a requirement."

"How could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina," he said as he moved closer to her, her true name rolling off his tongue. "But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. Technically, it wasn't just me. I was joined by someone else who also took great pleasure in causing you pain by killing every living member of your family. So, I guess we're cool," he said as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, tugging on her ear lobe slightly. "Let's just hope Elena isn't as stupid as you were," he said before moving away and walking past her.

Katherine let out a shaky breath, the one she'd been holding since Klaus had come close. "She won't run." Klaus turned from where he pulled a coat off the wall to face her. "She'll die before she lets anyone she loves get hurt," Katherine admitted rolling her eyes.

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on," he said, contorting Alaric's face into a smirk before looking Katherine directly into her eyes. "You can't leave until I tell you to."
Her pupils dilated as she fell under his compulsion and Klaus reached for the door.

"Wait!"

He turned, slightly annoyed.

"The person who helped you kill my family, who was it?"

His smirk returned, one truly sinister this time. "You'll get to meet her soon," he said before walking out the door, leaving Kathrine full of rage, fear and confusion, not that she'd ever admit it.

*****************************************************************

"He's here."

"Klaus is here?" Elijah asked in worry and anger.

Elena could only nod. "He's taken over Alaric's body," she explained.

"Of course, he has. One of his favourite tricks."

"What are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him." Elena asked, worry filling her.

Elijah glanced out the windshield. "Yes, I do, but there is only one person alive who knows all his tricks, even taught him a few, but she is impossible to find. And if you did find her, she'd never betray Klaus, especially if it is you, or I asking."

"Who is she?" Elena asked curiously.

The emotions that flitted across Elijah's face were impossible to decipher before he said, "She does not matter as of now. I, however, do know enough about my brother to be able to kill him," Elijah said with determination and conviction.