Chapter 77 - Now You're Just Somebody That I Used to Know

I had hardly slept over the few days that had passed since I had caught the Tramp and the Dirtbag (Meisha and Kyle's new names) in bed together. They had both been calling me and they had both tried to come over but I wanted nothing to do with either of them. I hadn't really spoken to anyone except my dad, but I didn't tell him what had happened.

I felt so low, I had no idea what to do with myself. I'd told Kwame I was going to take a few days off so at least I still hd a source of income. But now, things were a lot more clear to me. I wasn't going to allow Kyle to be anywhere near me, or my child. It sounded bad but he couldn't be trusted, he was unreliable and clearly wasn't ready for a stable, monogamous relationship, or at least to be a dedicated father. He just wasn't mature enough and we deserved better.

I was sitting on my sofa, staring at the wall. I felt so lost and alone, it felt like no-one cared if I lived or died.

I was only 20 years old, about to become a single mother, my family didn't care much... My life was slowly getting more and more worse.

The buzzer for my front door suddenly rang so I got up to answer it.

"Hello...Who is it?"

"It's me, Rianna"

I pressed the entry button and grabbed the keys Kyle had left on the table.

"Hey girl" She said as she walked through the door with some bags in her hand.

She put the bags down and hugged me.

"I spoke to Meisha," she said, picking up the two plastic bags and walking into the kitchen. "I can't believe she did that, and I thought Kyle had finally changed." She continued as she took the contents out of the bag.

She paused and looked me dead in my face.

"How are you ferling? Have you eaten?"

I shrugged

"I'm okay, I guess. Just tryna sort my head out."

I watched as she continued in the kitchen. She proceeded over to the sink and began washing the dishes that had piled up there.

"I've brought some junk food, so we're gonna pig out and drown our sorrows in food."

She finished the dishes and put two pizzas into the oven and we sat watching some crappy daytime tv, while waiting for them to cook.

"Have you heard from either of them?" She said, flicking through channels.

I shook my head

"They've called me and turned up at my door, but I just ignored them."

She nodded but didn't speak for a bit.

"She wants to explain herself, apparently. But, I don't get what there is to explain - she had sex with your boyfriend, the father of your child. There's no going back from it, as far as I'm concerned, but maybe you feel differently."

I shook my head.

"We will never be friends again, and he will never be more than my daughter's dad. They're both just people I used to care about now."

We sat in silence for a bit and then the topic was changed to something else.

After stuffing ourselves with pizza, chicken wings and chocolate ice cream, we sat there relaxing. She told me about this guy she had begun seeing, he sounded nice but we all knew those are the worst kinda guys. The guys who sound and act nice til they get what they want, then show their true colours. It's rare that a guy is actually genuinely nice.