Chapter 70 - Really, Bitch?!

About 6 months had gone by since the incident at Derome's house and my heart-to-heart with Meisha.

Things between Kyle and I had become more stable and he was pretty much living with me now, we were like a proper grown up couple.

Rianna had gone back to university outside of London, Meisha had started a course at one of the London uni's and Karina was pretty much working full time. I hardly saw her these days, it was like she was always busy or cancelled plans at the last minute...

I had recently gotten a job at the local gym, teaching a dance class three nights a week, it was fun getting back into the things I loved and it was even better that I was being paid for it.

I was walking home from work on a Wednesday evening, it was winter so it was quite cold and dark. I was really hungry as I hadn't eaten before I went to work so I took my phone out of my pocket and just as I was about to dial Kyle's number, a hand grabbed the shoulder of my thick winter jacket and spun me around.

I was shocked, disgusted and slightly scared when I realised it was Amari. I turned around and began power walking in the direction I had originally been going in.

"Ciara, wait... I'm not gonna hurt you!" He said, trying to catch up with me.

"I've been seeing you at the gym this whole time and wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say."

I stopped and turned to face him,

"You don't even live around here, what are you doing at this gym?"

"I teach self-defence and kickboxing..."

"Maybe you should have taught me some self-defence before attacking me." I said, running away, ignoring the twinges in my leg. If he had never attacked me, I would never have been hit by that car that night.

I stopped running when I got onto my road, and sat on the wall, trying to catch my breath. I hadn't told anyone about what had happened to me that night involving Amari and I knew Kyle was waiting for me and I didn't wanna worry him. If I had told him or my family the truth, Amari would probably be dead right now.

I decided that I wasn't gonna let him get the best if me. I was gonna continue working and make it clear to him to stay away from me.

I felt my bag vibrating and came back to reality. My phone was ringing, it was Kyle

"Where are you, I'm waiting for you at yours." He said when I answered.

"Sorry, I'm almost home, I will be about 5 minutes." I said, getting up and walking towards my building.

I didn't wanna worry him so I tried to paint a fake smile on my face before walking through the door.

He was sat at my dining table, with two empty plates in front of him.

"Did you eat all the food?" I said, laughing and sitting down opposite him.

"No, I've been waiting for your black ass for like half an hour." He rolled his eyes and walked towards the kitchen, taking the plates with him. I stood up and went into my bedroom, where I took off my earrings and put my contact lenses in the bin.

"Oi Barbie, food is ready!" Kyle shouted to me. I finished what I was doing and went back to the table.

After eating, we chilled and watched TV for the rest of the night. Around midnight, I took a bubble bath.

I was walking back towards the bedroom after my bath, when I enterrd I was surprised to see Kyle laying naked on the bed, waiting for me to return.