Chapter 16

A few weeks had passed since New Years Eve. Camilla's mum try call me up on a hype, but in the end nothing happened, coz I told her the truth about why we fucked her up.

I had only seen Kyle once since NYE, but just in passing. We didn't speak. He still tries calling me occasionally but I never answer.

I was lying in my bed one Saturday morning, a week before Kyle's birthday. I was on Facebook on my laptop. I had just reactivated my account, so I was just browsing through, seeing if anything interesting had happened. I had deleted Camilla from my Facebook on New Years Day, and it looked like she had deactivated her account as well.

I went on Kyle's page, looking through seeing what hoes had been writing on his wall. I was still listed as in a relationship with him, but only because we still hadn't officially broken up.

Most of his recent statuses were about football or music. But then I noticed there was one from the night before, something about wishing he had a time machine...

All of a sudden I felt a twinge in my tummy and I was feeling bare dizzy. I threw my laptop across the bed and stood up.

The room started spinning... and then it came. The vomit

I managed to get it all over myself and on the carpet as well... eww! I waited for the pain to go away and then I stood up. Feeling much better. I went into the bathroom and filled the bath with hot water and threw my pyjamas (which were actually one of Kyle's tops and a pair of shorts) into it.

I went back to my room with some cleaning stuff and tried to clean the vomit. The smell was nasty, and was making me wanna vomit again. After I finished I sat down on the bed again.

I picked up my laptop and changed my status to: 'someone please tell me why I've got vomit all over myself :('

As if by magic, five minutes later my phone started ringing, with the name Dickhead flashing. It was Kyle.

"What??"

"You allrite??" he asked, he sounded bare concerned

"Why do you care? It's not like you cared about me when you were fucking other girls."

He went silent, and then he cleared his throat

"You know I'm sorry... but it's up to you if you're gonna forgive me or not"

This nigga was really tryna guilt trip me. I was about to respond when I felt vomit rising up in my chest. This time I made it to the toilet and I was sick like three times.

I hung up the phone and got in the shower. I was in there for time; I felt like the vomit was spread all over my body. As I came out of the shower, I heard the doorbell ringing. I went into my room and put on my dressing gown. The doorbell rang again as I was running down to open the door.

I opened the door without asking who it was and was surprised to see Kyle standing there.

"Why are you here, Kyle?? Can you just leave me alone please, I just wanna be alone."

I turned and looked in the mirror on the wall. I looked bare ill; my skin was bare pale and I had started getting bare spots.

"You look really sick Ciara... I was worried about you init, that's why I came here." He grabbed my arm and led me over to the stairs.

After he sat me down, he say down as well and put his arm around me. We sat in silence for what seemed like years until Kyle decided to speak.

"What do you think is wrong with you?" he asked cautiously, as if he thought I would stab him just for talking.

I didn't much feel like talking, so I just shrugged. I really didn't know, and I didn't wanna know.

"Well...I have an idea, but I dunno..." he paused, waiting for me to speak

"What's the idea?" deep down in my stomach I knew what he was about to say but I didn't wanna hear it

He cleared his throat, and then spoke

"You could be pregnant"

I sat in silence for a bit. I knew he was gonna say that, but it still made my stomach start knotting up. If I was pregnant this would be the end of my life. My mum would definitely kick me out, my dad would probably want to kill Kyle and as for my brothers... lets just say there would definitely be a funeral.

I got dressed and we went to the clinic near his house, to get a pregnancy test done. We didn't speak for the whole journey, and for the whole time we were waiting to be seen.

When we sat down in front of the nurse, Kyle grabbed my hand and tried to hold it but I just pushed it away and folded my arms across my chest. The nurse looked at me, and then looked him. She could probably sense the tension between us, but didn't say anything.

"So you want a pregnancy test, right?" she asked, like a dumb prick.

"That's exactly what I wrote on the form that I filled in." I rolled my eyes as I answered

"Ah, right. Yes you did. Well what makes you think you're pregnant?"

"Listen yeah; I haven't got the patience for this. I came here for a test, not for 21 million questions!"

She went silent, like she was counting to ten in her mind, and then she spoke

"Sorry, its just my job to know the details. Anyway, the toilet's at the end of the hallway." She smiled, as she handed me the test.

I took the test and started walking out of the room.

As I was about to open the door I heard the nurse speak.

"Aren't you going with her?" she was obviously talking to Kyle.

I turned around and he was looking at me.

"Stay here" I said and walked out to the toilet.

I laid some tissue down on the seat, and sat down. After doing the test, I washed my hands and went back to the room.

I handed the test to the nurse and she put it down on her desk

"Well, it's gonna take a few minutes for the results to show up. So how long have the two of you been together?" this woman was still smiling. She was so fucking inna, I wanted to punch her

Kyle answered for me

"Ermm... about six months." when he said that I looked at him. He looked at me, holding eye contact. I rolled my eyes and turned away.

We all sat in silence for a bit and then she picked up the test. She looked at the test and then looked at us.

"Are you ready to hear the results now?"