Chapter 90 part 2 - Not Your Average Day

THIS IS THE SECOND PART OF THE FINAL CHAPTER,  THERE WILL BE ONE MORR AFTER THIS

90 part 2

A few weeks passed since Kel had come over. I had finished my course and had started a jewellery line which was steadily selling items. My next aim was to come up with a slogan that I could put on t-shirts as a kick start to the fashion line I still hoped to have one day.

At the same time, I was trying to get Kari ready to go and stay with Kyle for a few weeks, so I was quite busy.

Kel and I were on speaking terms but I had no idea what would happen with us, he was trying to get his mind right and sort out his career, and I was trying to start a career for myself. Since that night, he had come over again a few times and we had done the same thing, but I didn't want us to just become a sexual thing, we were more than that. He was supposed to be coming over for dinner that evening so I wanted to speak to him and try to make things between us clear.

I went to the post office to send some packages to customers, and then I had a doctors appointment. I had been having really bad stomach cramps for a few days and I'd been having a little bleeding, so I was kind of worried and I hoped it wasn't anything serious.

As I sat in the waiting room, I felt extremely sick with nerves. My mind was all over the place, thinking all kinds of negative things and worrying that I could be dying.

The doctor called me in and I slowly stood up and followed him back to the room he came from.

I told him what was wrong and he examined my stomach and then said, "Have you been feeling bloated lately?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I have."

He pressed my stomach again

"And nauseous?"

I nodded again

He told me to sit up and handed me a plastic cup and asked for a urine sample.

I came back from the toilet with it and he dipped different things into the cup and left them to dry on the sink.

After a few minutes he looked at them and turned to me and smiled.

"Congratulations, Miss Clarke. You're prgnant."

I wanted to vomit.

***

Before I went home I went to the pharmacy and bought another two-pack test to see for myself, doctors aren't always right.

I sat in the bathroom waiting for the result, which took me back to the day that Paige and I had found out we were both pregnant... Then I started thinking about Karina. Even after three years, it was still hard to accept that she was gone.

I shed a few tears as I sat on the bathroom floor waiting for my test to show something.

It showed two lines, which meant it was positive.

I went downstairs and drank five glasses of water, waiting for my bladder to fill up again so I could do the second test I had bought.

This was so stupid, I knew I was pregnant but I didn't want to accept it.

The third test came up positive as well, and I sat on the bathroom floor crying for a while. This wasn't meant to be happening right now, I had wanted to be married before I had any more children. Now I was going to have two 'baby fathers,' not a husband.

I had about an hour until Kel had said he was going to be here, so I thought for a second.

Kari was at Kyle's sister Rachel's house so at least I had some peace. Kelani was at Derome's so I was alone in the house.

I decided not to cook as I had planned and ordered Chinese food and waited for it to arrive.

The food got to the house before Kel so when he arrived, I was in the kitchen
washing up the dishes from that morning.

When he arrived he went straight up to the bathroom and I completely forgot that I hadn't taken the tests out of the bathroom, so when he came downstairs I was surprised when he said, "You're pregnant?!"

I looked at him and didn't know what to say.

"When were you going to tell me?" He said, leaning against the wall.

"I only found out like two hours ago, I'm still in shock myself."

"They both had a 7 on them, what does that mean?"

"I guess it's the amount of weeks." I said, leading him to the sofa where we sat down.

"So do you want to keep it?" He said, touching my hand gently.

"Do you not want me to keep it?"

"That's not what I'm saying but it's your body, I can't force you into anything despite however I might feel, and right now we aren't exactly in a relationship. Of course I want to have it but things between us aren't great right now ."

I nodded.

"I want to, but I don't want to just be someone's 'baby muva' again, that's not what I want for myself."

"You would never be just my baby mother to me, you'd be the mother of my child, there's a difference... And we were already planning to get married, so maybe this is all meant to happen for us."

I sat there quietly for a minute or so.

"I need to know that you're going to be here to support me; when I was pregnant with Kari, Kyle was hardly there for me and I was depressed and alone, which really hurt me... So what are you saying, can you be there for me and this baby for real?"

He didn't respond for a few seconds, and then stood up suddenly and got down on one knee in front of me.

"I know this isn't the most romantic proposal, and these aren't the best circumstances, either... I ain't evem got a ring yet... So Ciara Clarke, will you do me the great honour of letting me call you my wife?" He said, taking my left hand and waiting for a response.

I felt so overwhelmed, I had woekn up this morning thinking that it was just going to be another average day, and now I was pregnant and being proposed to.

I looked down at him with tears of joy in my eyes.

"Yes, I will marry you."

***
A few days later, we had a barbeque at his house with both of our families and some of our friends. It was a good vibe, everyome was happy and enjoyimg the food and drinks we were providing. We had told both of our families that we were going to have a baby, and had received mixed responses but it didn't matter to me.

I was sat on a sun lounger in the garden with my nieces, Antonia and Amira, when Francesca appeared and told everyone to come inside.

I wasn't heavily pregnant so I could still move around easily so I quickly got inside and sat on the sofa as instructed.

Kelvin walked into the room and sat opposite me.

"So, I promised you that I'd propose to you again when I got the perfect ring for you... And that time has come."

He got on the floor in front of me, just like he did the other day, and pulled a ring box out of his jacket pocket.

I sat waiting, trying not to appear too excited as he opened the box, and I was presented with a dazzling diamond ring with small spaekling purple diamond hearts surrounding the main stone.

"Will you marry me?" He said again, as if he didn't already know the answer.

"Yes!" I said, jumping into his arms as eveeyone in the room started saying 'aww' and various other things.

Life was finally starting to be good for me, a lot had happened but it had all been worth it in some ways, to get to this happy point in my life and to be surrounded by people who only loved me and didn't want to harm me.