Chapter 24

Chapter 23

"...and I know you love me too"

I just sat there in silence. There was nothing for me to say, he had just made the atmosphere so awkward as well...

"Erm... I'm gonna go now... I'll speak to you later." As he left the room he gave me a peck on the cheek

After he left I sat there mulling over things for a bit and then I stood up. I cleaned up all the mess around the kitchen and went to bed coz I had to go college the next day...

**

I was strolling down the road that leads to my college... I was hoping the security guard would be inside his little box thingy coz I really wasn't in the mood to hear any shit from anyone... I checked the time on my watch; it was 8:59... I was nearly ten minutes late.

As I walked through the gates I noticed that it was the stingy black security guard sitting in the box thing and when he saw me coming he opened the window and started shouting some shit about me being late and not having my ID card on.

I ignored him and put my ID card on whilst walking into the college.

To piss me off even more, when I got to my classroom door there was a notice on the door saying the lesson was cancelled ¬_¬

I didn't have another lesson until 11:10 so I had nothing to do for like two hours...

I went and sat in the common room which was virtually empty for once... at first I was just snoozing on one of the sofas and then I went on one of the computers to check my e-mails etc...

After a while Tyrone came into the common room and sat down next to me.

"Yo dawg! Man aint seen you for quite a while, still!" this nigga was bare excited and for no apparent reason KMT

"Blood, I beg you stop shouting and sekkle yourself. You alright though??"

We conversated for a while and then we went and sat in the patio area until the bell went for the end of break/tutor time...

Whilst we were sitting on the benches I heard the 'Ping' sound from my phone meaning that someone had sent me a message on BlackBerry Messenger. I turned away from Tyrone to take the phone out of my pocket... I stopped paying attention to him for a bit to reply to the person, but he decided to take it upon himself to turn me away from my phone...

And kiss me.

I pushed him away...

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?" I said, standing up and causing everyone around us to start staring at me. I didn't bother to wait for an answer from him, I stood up and walked back into the building towards my tutor room.

KMT, why does every male think they can just kiss me and I'll be alright with it? They must really think my name is Keisha the Sket or something.

**

Eventually my day at college ended and I headed home before anyone - Tyrone - could stop me. When I got home Anton was seated in the living room watching old episodes of My Wife and Kids. It was that episode where Claire eats their dad's half-time pie and then he punishes them by forcing them to eat a pie for every meal. Watching the episode made me think about my own dad. I hadn't seen him for ages - probably around January/February and it was now April. We hardly ever saw each other, and to be honest I only still spoke to him for the money I knew I wouldn't get from my mum...

I went up to my room and sat on my bed. If Anton knew I was planning to call him he would probably get pissed with me; he HATED our dad with a passion and he didn't have anything to do with him.

**

I made arrangements with my dad to go and stay with him for part of the half-term. My mum was going to her house in France with her man so she couldn't exactly chat shit anyway. I was gonna go straight to his house after college on Thursday. So for the next two days I just had to avoid everyone and just relax.

Thursday morning came and I descended the stairs with my suitcase and entered the kitchen.

"And where exactly are you going with that suitcase?" said my mum as I dragged it through the door.

I rolled my eyes and opened the fridge looking for something to drink.

"I already told you; I'm going to stay with dad for the holidays."

"No you didn't! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GOING THERE??" someone please tell me why this woman is shouting ¬_¬

"Because he's my dad. Maybe if you weren't always with your stupid boyfriend you would realise I am always in this house alone, and I'm not happy."

I turned around and left the house, dragging my suitcase behind me. My mum is such a fucking bitch; she cares more about Raphael than she does me.

I jumped on a bus to the tube station and got the tube to college. When I came out of the tube station I got one of those messages saying that I had five missed calls from my mum. I didn't call her back I just walked down the long road to college.

**

I arrived at my dad's house around 6pm. My gran was in the kitchen cooking up something. Yum! I was hoping it was something like Escoveitch Fish or some of her banging curry goat :)

Anyways... I went upstairs to the spare room. I didn't have my own room at my dad's as I hardly ever went there. I put my suitcase down and flopped onto the bed. I had switched off my phone on the journey so I turned it on. I had a message from Jordaine. I had forgotten that she even existed and I hadn't seen her coz I hadn't been attending dance classes. I couldn't be bothered to reply so I closed my eyes...

The next thing I knew Sophie (my niece) was jumping up and down on the bed and the sky was considerably darker...

I grabbed Sophie's legs to stop her jumping around and then pulled her down onto the bed next to me. We sat on the bed watching TV for a bit until Gran called us:

"CIARA... SOPHIE... COME GET YUH DINNER NUH!"

We went downstairs and ate. Just as I was about to finish my phone rang... it was my mum. I got up from the table and answered it.

We were just having a normal conversation until she said she wanted to talk to me.

"We're already talking..." I was baffled, why say you wanna talk when we're already on the phone

"I know that, silly... well... you know Raphael?"

Raphael is her man...

"Yeah...?"

I wasn't expecting what she said next...

"He asked me to marry him... and I said 'yes!'"

I wasn't angry; Raphael was alright, I didn't have any problems with him...

"When was this??" I asked

My mum went silent. That was when I knew she was hiding something

"Valentine's Day." She said, waiting for my response

"Valentine's Day..." I repeated. "It's April... and you're just fucking telling me that you're engaged. What kind of mother are you? You're so obsessed with man you don't even care about your children anymore. FUCK YOU!" I locked off the phone and dashed it at the wall where it fell apart.

After a few minutes I got up and picked up the phone. It was officially fucked KMT!

I went up to the room where I was sleeping, completely forgetting my dinner and turned on my laptop. I logged onto Facebook and the usual 'Wagwan B's' popped up. I ignored them and made myself offline and changed my status:

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE IN MY LIFE A SNAKE OR A LIAR?