Chapter 55 - Changes

Chapter 55

*KYLE'S VIEW*

It was a saturday night and instead of being out on the town with my dons, I was sitting in my room with my laptop and phones.

Earlier in the week, I had been driving around whilst bored and saw a billboard with Ciara on it, with the words 'summer's coming' next to her. It felt weird seeing someone that I'd been around for so long on a billboard in just a bikini. Before that had been put up, I was probably the only guy that could say they had seen her pretty much naked, now I was just one of many. It felt weird...

My phone vibrated, bringing me out of my daydream. I unlocked it and saw that I had a new message on BBM, so I scrolled over to see who it was. It was this random chick I'd met on New Years Eve in a club and she ended up giving me head on the fire escape... Now she wanted me to come over to hers so we could have sex. I wasn't even interested in her; I just read it and ignored her. She started sending me the red pings when she saw that I'd read it, so I scrolled down to her name on my contacts list and deleted her.

The rest of my open chats were with either my dons or girls that I was ignoring. A lot of girls somehow knew that I was officially single now, and I'd been getting non-stop pings day and night. I just wanted to be left alone!

Another girl sent me another of those red pings and that was the final straw for me. I went through my contacts list and deleted every girl who wasn't a friend or family, blocking them from re-adding me. Maybe now I could get some peace and focus on being 'lovesick' like my mum and sister kept calling me. She was all I could think about, and now I had to see her face everywhere to make it worse. The saying is true - you don't know what you've got until its gone.

I now only had 22 people left in the 'girls' category on my BBM, and it felt good. All I wanted to do was be that guy that Ciara wanted; I did love her but I kept letting my dick take over my brain when it came to thinking time. My mum kept telling me that I was turning into my dad, and that was the last thing I wanted to be. I decided to do a female clearout on my facebook too. Since having it, I'd just added random girls who looked good, but it was time for that to end.

After I finished deleting people, I got under the duvet on my bed and just lay there, remembering the times we'd had together in this room, in this bed.... Why was I so stupid?! I felt tempted to call her, just to hear her voice but I knew she wouldn't answer.

I never wanted to go through having an STI again, it was disgusting and I still wasn't even sure who I'd gotten it from. I had no idea how I'd ended up in this position; getting diseases from hoes and not even knowing which one. I really needed to change, not just for Ciara but for my own good too...

*CIARA'S VIEW*

I was in my new flat with the people closest to me: Karina, Rianna, Paige, Jade and Paris. Meisha hadn't bothered to turn up, instead she was out with Derome.

I was just having a small get-together, to toast to my new home, my new single status and the fact that my modelling career was starting to go somewhere. Since the billboards etc had been put up, the agency had been receiving loads of requests from companies to have me model for them. It was so surreal.

My dad had called me up after seeing the ads in his area and didn't sound too impressed. He said he was happy that I had found something to focus on after I stopped dancing, but he just wished I could do it with more clothes on. Anton had said pretty much the same thing, but I hadn't heard from Byron or Tyrell, and didn't know if Trey was still in the country. As long as my family wasn't ashamed of me, I didn't care about what anyone else had to say.

The girls and I were in our PJ's, pigging out and having a good time, and we were just about to watch a film when my phone vibrated with a phone call from Meisha. I ignored it and carried on setting up the film. If she couldn't be bothered to forego sex with her boyfriend for one night to celebrate with me then she wasn't a friend.