Chapter 51 - Confusion

Chapter 51

 A lot had happened over the past month or so. Christmas had come and gone, and I had spent the day with my auntie, dad and cousins. I had also spent New Year’s Eve at my auntie’s house with Rianna, and was now happily enjoying the New Year.

It was Kyle’s 21st birthday that coming Saturday and he had invited me to come out with him and some of his friends. As Rianna had predicted, as soon as he came back to London permanently, he had decided he wanted us to get back together. I had no intention of getting back together with him any time soon, or attending his birthday celebrations. What a prick!  

I had done more photo shoots over the Christmas period for various companies’ Spring/Summer lines. None of them had been properly published yet, but I’d heard from a few of the other models that some of it was going to be previewed soon. I was scared about how people would react to the idea of me being a model. My mother still hadn’t bothered to contact me after kicking me out, and it still hurt. It was like she had completely forgotten that she’d ever had a daughter.  

I hadn’t really heard from any of the universities that I had applied to; one had emailed me to acknowledge the fact that they’d received my application, but that was it so far. I had finally managed to get myself back on track with my college work, and was looking forward to finishing by the end of May hopefully.  

Late on Saturday, I was walking back to the flat when I felt my phone vibrating in the pocket of my coat. The name on the screen read ‘Dickhead 2.’ It was Kyle calling me. I stood with the phone in my hand, debating upon whether or not to answer it. I pressed the answer button  

“Hello?”

“Yo”

“What do you want? I’m a bit busy right now.” I said, sighing

“I wanted to know if you’re coming tonight?” he asked

“No, I can’t, sorry. I’ve got a bit of work to do, and I’ve got work early in the morning.”

“Oh.” He said, sounding disappointed. I started feeling a bit bad, but I didn’t want to go out with him and his friends anyway   “I wanted to see you this weekend. What if I meet you after work on Sunday?” he asked   I thought about it for a few seconds then responded  

“Okay. I finish at 6. I’ve gotta go now coz I’m going into my house. See you tomorrow.” I said, hanging up. If I didn’t ever see him, he would keep asking. I might as well see him and get it over with  

**SUNDAY NIGHT**  

I walked out of work into the car park, scanning the place to see where Kyle had parked. I stood on the edge of the pavement, trying to spot his car, and then I saw him driving towards me. He stopped in front of where I was standing, and I got in.   I waited for him to say something.  

“You alright?” he said, as we drove towards the exit of the car park.

“Yeah, I’m just tired.” I said, yawning   We pulled up at the traffic lights and he turned to me.  

“So what, I can’t even get a hug, nah?”  

I looked at him in a “who do you think you are” kinda way, and lent over to hug him. As I did so, he tilted my chin up so that our faces were almost touching, and he looked into my eyes for what seemed like eternity. Just as I was starting to feel super awkward, he pulled away, cleared his throat and started the car. What the hell had that been about?! The guy hadn’t seen me for however many months and he thinks I’m still into him, no questions asked? His ego was off the fucking scale!   I was sat there wondering what was going through his mind, when he turned down the radio and looked towards me. I didn’t want another staring marathon, so I spoke first.