CHAPTER NINE.

━━ Dawn Graham,
March-Third. ━━

"So I'm flying a long way?" I raise an eyebrow, holding tightly onto my bag. ". . . Alone?"

"Unfortunately." The Police Officer mumbled, "Calum Hood, your dad, paid extra for your bags so this should be easy-peasy."

I bit my lip anxiously.

"Can I have a moment alone to talk with my sister?" Aiden spoke up.

"Sure." The Police Officer mumbled, stepping away.

Aiden knelt down in front of me, "I know this is scary." He softly says, "But it'll be okay. You will be safe where you're going, away from her. You have my number and if you truly need anything, I'm here."

I nod. "I'll miss you."

"Hey," He frowns, "This is not goodbye. I'm going to see you anytime I can."

"But what if—"

"No what if's!." He smiles, "I love you, d."

"I love you, Aiden."

The Officer came back and we got everything sorted out, like my bags and everything else. I met up with the flight attendant responsible for watching me and I headed away.

━━ Calum Hood,
Seattle, Washington. ━━

"White." I spoke, grabbing the paint can and putting it in the basket. "Now onto shelves!"

"Chill out," Michael chuckled. "We can figure out things like that when she's here and comfortable. But for now, let's give it a rest."

"I just want to make sure she feels welcome," I say, anxiously. The thought of my daughter finally living with me makes me want to jump and giggle. I know I needed to hide how excited I was, because she was coming from a different home and situation and she hardly knew me, but still.

One step at a time.