Chapter 43

Luke's POV

When I got that call and heard her say those things I was so angry and worried at the same time. I had gotten up and ran out of the door. The others tried stopping me to ask me what was happening but all I managed to choke out was 'Christina'. And they understood. They let me go. Michael even wanted to come with, so I let him. He was her best friend after all. We ran around her house and I tried every ally I could find. Michael and I split up and I was still on the phone with her. I couldn't hang up. I tried find my iPhone and found her. I called Michael over to me and we ran towards the place. When we got there I saw a man on top of her. I saw her tears and I saw that her shirt was ripped apart. I couldn't hold back anymore. I grabbed the guy and pulled him off her. 

"YOU ASSHOLE, GET OFF HER!" I screamed and I beat the guy. His pants were already down. 

We were just in time. Michael ran to Chris while I was beating the hell out of the guy. He didn't deserve living in this world. He was bleeding everywhere when I heard someone call my name.

"Luke! Please! Just call the police!" I heard Michael scream.

"Luke, please listen to Michael!" I heard Christina yell. I snapped out of it and looked at her. 

Her make-up was smeared all over her face and I still saw the tears. She was wearing Michael's T-shirt. Which made it seem a little better. She tried giving me a weak smile, but I saw how much she was suffering. I needed to do something. I called the police and told them where we were. I was still holding the guy. I was afraid of letting him go and hugging Christina. I knew she must've disgusted men everywhere at that point. The cops arrived a little while later. They wanted our statements and Chris had to go to the hospital and then to the police station. We were brought in for questioning too. They weren't even mad I beat up the guy. They told me he had it coming. No one should rape a girl, or even try to. They told us she was lucky she had friends like us. But in my mind she wasn't lucky at all. She was traumatised. And she was tainted. For life. I loved that girl so much that all of this broke my heart. Seeing her like that was a picture I would never be able to forget, for the rest of my life. And I was going to make it my life's mission to make her happy and to keep her safe. Whatever she told me, I was going to be there for her, even if she didn't want me too. Nothing like this should ever happen again and was never going to happen again. Not to her, not on my watch. I would keep her safe. 

"Sarah.. You need to go to the hospital, Christina is over there. They will fill you in.." I heard Michael say on the phone. 

Chris needed Sarah with her. She was her best friend. 

"Are you okay dude?" Mikey asked me. 

"Do I look okay?" I snapped back.

I knew he didn't have anything to do with this, he even helped me. But I was so mad at the world, at everyone and everything. 

"No, I'm sorry.. Damn. I wish you would've killed that guy.. But I didn't want to lose my best friend.." he told me and I looked at him. 

I knew what he meant. He was as angry as I was, but if I had killed the guy I would've gone to jail and what help would that have been? 

"I just hope she's okay.." I told Mikey.

"Yeah.. They should hurry up. I want to go see her." 

 "Mr. Hemmings?" the police guy asked me.

"Yeah?" I said hopeful.

"You can come in now.." 

And so I did. I went into the interrogation room. There was another guy waiting for me there.