Chapter 10

Christina's POV

I was so excited for my date with Luke tonight. There just was one little problem. My parents. How the hell was I going to go out if they grounded me? I didn't know what to do because this date with Luke really was important. I was looking forward to it. He was the light in my life at the moment and I didn't want that to change. They were going to say no if I asked them. All I could do was sneak out of my bedroom window. But they were going to notice. They always said goodnight to me when they went to sleep. Oh, god, what was I going to do? Why did they have to do these things to me? Couldn't they just be happy I had someone in my life who liked me? And I liked him. And he had never done anything inappropriate, unfortunately. How was I going to fix this? What were my options? If I lied to them again I would never get my phone back. I decided to tell them the truth. I still had 4 hours to go until my date. I could convince them. So I went downstairs. Mom was in the kitchen preparing something that smelled delicious. Dad was reading his paper. This was my shot. 

"Mom, Dad, I have to ask you something", I told them, a little insecure. 

"Yes honey. What is it?" Mom asked nicely.

"I was wondering..."

"If it's about that punk kid, don't even try", Dad told me.

"But Dad, please, just hear me out okay?" I pleaded.

"Okay.."

"So, Luke called me this morning. And asked me out on a date. I know you don't approve of this. But I really want to go. This is the only dream I have had for so long and I want it to last. I want to go so I can never regret not going. And if you let me go I would be so grateful. Hell, I'll even do the dishes for the next 6 months! Just don't let me pass up on this opportunity. They'll be gone in a week or so on their tour and I'll probably never see them again. So you won't have to think of it again. I will be the student you always wanted me to be and I'll do everything you say. Just let me have this one little thing.. I'm begging you!" Wow, that was a lot to say to them. Did I really say I'd do the dishes for 6 months? I hope Luke was really worth this. But who was I kidding? Of course he was. 

"Honey, we love you, but this guy isn't what you should be interested in.." Mom starts to tell me.

"I just really want to go Mom. This will probably turn out to be nothing but I'll have that at least."

"Why do you want this so bad?" Dad asked me.

"Because the guys in this band are my idols. They are so funny and down to earth. And I have had a crush on Luke ever since I saw his face. I want this shot to get to know him better so I can go on with my life", I told him firmly.

"Okay, you can go, on one condition", Dad starts to say.

"YESSS!!" 

"That he'll come and meet us when he gets here", he continuous. 

What? Luke has to meet them? Was he up for this? My Dad could be a real pain in the ass. But no boy had ever set foot in this house, ever. I wouldn't know how he dealt with guys who dated me. 

"I'll ask him", I told Dad. "Thanks Daddy!" I hugged him real tight. He seemed to love it when I did that.

I ran upstairs to get my phone and dialed Luke's number. It rang a lot of times. In the end no one answered. I didn't get it. So I tried again. Again no one. I decided to put my phone away and listen to a bit of music. He'd call back later. I hope he did it before coming over. So I could at least warn him what was coming. I doubted he'd like meeting my parents, but it was the only way. I was going on another date with Luke! I was really happy. I was so happy my parents had said yes to this. I knew honesty was the best policy. Yes, like the saying. But it really always worked out for me.