Chapter 25

Christina's POV

"You what?" I told him with a lot of amazement. 

"We have to leave tonight. We have a gig tomorrow.." he told me with a sad look. 

This I had not been preparing for. I was prepared for him to leave tomorrow morning. But this was way too soon. I could not cope with this. This was too much.

"How come you are so calm?" I asked him.

"I'm not calm. I'm just accepting this", he told me with a weak smile.

Accepting this? Was he kidding me? He didn't even seem sad. Was this really happening? Was I not imagining this? 

"Accepting this?" 

"There's nothing else we can do Chris. I can't stay even if I want to", he said weakly. 

"Okay. So I guess this it? Where we say goodbye?" I asked him. 

I turned my eyes upward so I was facing him. He seemded to be struggling with words. This was nothing like him. 

"I guess so.. But we'll skype everyday. I promise. And I'll fly in whenever I can. And I'll come to your dance concert in 3 weeks. 3 weeks isn't that long", he said with a little smile.

"Yeah, we'll do that! And no they'll be over before we know it! We'll be really busy anyways!" I smiled at him. I felt the tears coming. 

He pulled me in for a big hug. He was squeezing me until I couldn't even feel the physical pain anymore. There was only the heartache. I didn't even know I was crying my eyes out. He pulled away and tugged at my chin. He lifted my head to meet his eyes. He looked me in the eye and told me: "Don't worry. We can make it." Then he leaned in for a kiss and we kissed for a long time. There was no one left in the eating area. We didn't have to hold back. 

"I have to go now. You should say goodbye to the band too. They'll miss you too", he told me and walked me over to the room where the band was. 

By the looks of it they had told Sarah and Rachel that they were leaving too. Rachel was looking really sad. She was almost in tears. But Ashton was hugging here and that made her smile a little too. Calum told Sarah and she was pretending to be fine and was making jokes with him. But I could see how this was killing her too. Calum was looking really sad too. I knew he liked Sarah a lot. 

Michael was the first one to notice me. He walked over and hugged me. 

"I'm going to miss you Chris. Don't be a stranger", he told me with a weak smile and patted me on the back. Then it was Ashtons turn.

"You'll always be with us, no matter what. We love you Chris", he told me as he hugged me even tighter. "I'm not even the hugging time, but for you I will always make an exception."

Calum came over and just hugged me while he cried. "Bye", was all he said because he was choking on his tears. I knew they weren't all for me. There were some in there for Sarah too. But he didn't want her to think he was weak. I knew this. 

"This is almost as hard as leaving Australia", Ashton joked. "We'll see you guys soon."

Sarah and Rachel had joined me. We were holding each other up. Luke turned to me once more before they had to leave. 

"I love you, Chris. Don't ever forget that", was what he said.

He had never ever told me he loved me before. This was the first one. 

"I love you too, Lucas Robert Hemmings", I smiled. 

Then he turned around and walked out of the room with the rest of the boys. We were just standing there. Not realizing what had just happened. We sat down on the couch again. We just sat there for a long time. None of us wanted to leave. Because that would mean this was all real. And there was no stopping reality crashing down on us. We didn't want that.