Chapter 36

Christina's POV

I was finally in LA. It was so weird. I had dreamed of this my whole life. And here I stood, finally. It was so beautiful. I had lived in New York all my life, and don't get me wrong it was nice too, but this was what I always wanted. Hot weather, every day. This was heaven. I hated cold and snow and all that stuff. I loved warm weather and beaches. I would really love Australia, but I shouldn't be thinking about that. It was too late for all of that. And he was in this city. But that really shouldn't be going through my mind. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling of knowing he was so close, but so far away. 

Walking along the beach I could see all the people just enjoying life. I would soon be one of them. Alongside Sarah and Rachel. We would be so happy here. I just knew it. I took in the sunlight and just watched out over the sea. It was getting late and I should be getting to my place, but I didn't even know where it was. I texted Sarah to ask her where she was and if she could come and get me. She had been here for a while so she knew where to go. She said she'd get me in 10. So I just stood there some more. I hadn't texted Will yet. He didn't know I was here yet. I was going to text him soon. I just had one more show tonight and I was done with dancing. I had to say goodbye to that part of life for now. And it had been a great part. We had had so many privileges. I kind of liked it. Really much. And I was going to miss the people. Jaimy.. And the whole crew that was behind Conor. They were awesome. I loved them like friends. But they had to go to Europe. He was doing that side of the tour next. 

Sarah finally found me and we walked home. 

"You're going to love it!" she told me with a big smile. "We can actually see the sea from our apartment!"

"I'm so happy to be here!" I yelled. I was even clapping my hands and jumping up and down. 

People were staring at us but we just laughed. That's the kind of friends we are. We laugh with everything. And we know each other so well. It was nice to be with her again. 

"Ehm, you know. Calum is at our place.. But he can vanish if you want!" she said with a guilty look in her eyes. 

"No, let him stay!  He has done nothing wrong to me!" I gaveher a little smile. 

I knew why she said that he would go away if I wanted to. He brought back memories of another time. A time I liked to forget. But I couldn't. I had to face this head on. And that meant Calum staying.

We got to the aparment in a few minutes. It didn't take too long. I could've done this myself. But yeah, I didn't know the city yet. We had the top floor. It wasn't a real tall building. It was 3 stories high and beautiful. I was in love with it. We walked inside and went up. 

Calum already opened the door and took me in to his arms. 

"I've missed you Chris," he said into my hair. 

"I've missed you too Cal," I told him against his chest. 

My heart hurt. I longed for someone else's arms. But he wasn't here. He wasn't mine. Not anymore. 

"So how've you been?" he asked me while he lead us inside. 

I took in my surroundings. It was so cozy in here. Sarah had done an amazing job. She knew what I wanted. She even did my room, but that was for later. Stella came running at me. I picked the little girl up and hugged her. I had missed that little creature so much. 

"I've been okay.. You?" I asked him, perfectly knowing how they had been. 

Mikey had given me so many updates about what they had done during the summer. 

"Yeah I've been good! I've had my girl here, so I'm happy!" And Sarah slapped him. 

"What?" he whispered.