Chapter 35

Christina's POV

Practise was.. awkward.. That was least I could say about it. Conor had been trying to make eyecontact with me all day. It was so stupid of me to kiss him goodnight. What the hell had I been thinking? I needed to get away from here for some time. That's when I decided to take a stroll around the city. We were in Florida, Miami to be exact. It was nice and warm out here. I had to be back soon for the concert, but I needed some me time. I decided to find a Starbucks. I needed my fix. It had been way too long. It had been since Luke and I broke up. Every Starbucks reminded me of him. And it had hurt the first time I tried. But now I had to do it. I didn't care about it. Of course I cared about Luke and all that, but this needed to stop. I needed to start living again. 

The moment I stepped inside memories rushed back. But this wasn't the same setting, not even close. Still I saw us sitting on a table in the corner. Thinking about how he kissed me that one day before they had to leave for LA. I remembered how he couldn't keep it inside. I remembered how good it felt, how natural. Tears sprung into my eyes and I almost wanted to run out of there. But there was someone waving at me. Asking if I was okay. I blinked the tears away and looked at the person directly. 

"Are you okay?" he asked me again. 

I was staring at green eyes and brown hair. His hair was short and his eyes bright. They were so full of concern. 

"Sorry, just.. bad memories I guess.." I told him. 

"Can I get you something?" he asked me with a slight encouraging smile. 

"No, I just need to sit down, sorry for worrying you", I told him again and gestured at the table beside me. 

"I'm Will by the way!" he said while he stuck out his hand. 

I grabbed his hand and shook it. 

"Christina! Nice to meet you!" I said with a bigger smile. 

He sat down next to me and wanted to start a conversation. 

"I just want to make sure you're alright and you don't go fainting here in Starbucks.." he said while putting up a smile again. 

"Yeah.. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.. It's just.. I don't have good memories in Starbucks, or should I say: I have too many good memories that are no good to me now anymore.." 

Why was I telling Will this..

"Ahh, I know what you mean.. I'm sorry. You probably don't want to sit here with some random stranger.." he said while getting up. 

"You don't have to go.. I still have some time before I have to get back and I really could use the company to keep me distracted." That was his cue to get back down. 

And he did. He sat next to me and ordered a coffee for us both. Mine with extra cream and some honey. I loved that. And we just talked. It had been a while since I'd been able to do that with someone besides Michael. We sat there for an hour or so. Then I realised I needed to get back, soon. 

"I have to get back.." I told him while smiling at him. 

"Can I walk you back?" he asked me. 

"Yeah, why not.. It's not like we're complete strangers now!" I told him while swatting on his arm. 

We walked out of Starbucks together and I had to say I hadn't thought about Luke for an hour. And it felt good for a change. 

"So, you're not from around here?" he asked me as we walked along.

"Nope! I come from New York.." I said while turning to face him while we were walking.

"Oh! Why the hell are you here?" he exclaimed in surprise.