Chapter 40

Christina's POV

I had just left the house. Left Luke there. After all of that. I was mad. Mad for sleeping with him and mad for running off. I didn't know what I was angry for most. The sleeping part of the running off part. My whole body had wanted to stay there, but I just couldn't. I panicked and got the hell out of there. What woud they think of me? They didn't have to know. Luke wouldn't tell them. I was sure. But then again. He looked hurt when I'd left. I knew he really loved me, but I had to leave, for myself. I had gotten myself another fix of the Luke Hemmings drug I craved so much. But in such an enormous dose. I was an idiot. A big idiot.

When I got home I was tired again. My head was spinning, I needed sleep. But in a few hours I was meeting Will. I had just slept with Luke, how could I ever face him? I mean, it was not like we were dating. But it wasn't fair to Will. I knew I was using him to get over Luke, but he really was a nice guy. And he seemed to like me. Man, I was a bitch. Since when did I use people and sleep with people without being together. Okay, we had been a couple once. But that was no excuse. We didn't have sex when we were together. I was full of self loathing.

I decided to get a shower. I needed to wash this off. And then I needed to think about what I had to do. Should I be honest with Will and tell him that we couldn't date because Luke was still in the picture? Or should I continue with this? Minus the sleeping with Luke part. That was never going to happen again. I promised myself it never would. I hated myself for doing such a stupid thing. But I had been there too. I had wanted it as much as him. And I had as much say in it as he did. We were both guilty of that crime. But I hadn't had the will to stop.

God, I needed to get this out of my system. I hopped in the shower and just let it all wash over me.

When I got out I had a text from Michael.

'Can we meet up later?' he asked me.

'Yeah! What about in an hour? And man, you're up early!' I texted back with a lot of smiley faces.

'Haha, I do get up before noon sometimes! And yea, I just really want to see you! Do I pick you up? I'm getting a new tattoo..' he told me.

I had wanted a tattoo for so long. I decided to go with him and get one myself. I couldn't swim with it just yet, but Will could give me lessons on the sand if he wanted to.

'I'm coming with! I want one too! Turning over a new leaf..'

'YEAH! Matching ones?' he asked me, I knew he was kidding.

'Naah, man. That's super gay!'

'Hey.. :('

'I'll see you in one hour!'

I got ready and played with Stella some more. My little girl had gone through so much.

The door bell rang and I let Mikey in. He hugged me and I took in his smell. He always smelled like lavender. Weird, for such a punk rock guy. Who am I kidding? Michael was not punk rock, not even close. He was a kitten who wanted to be cuddled.

"You ready?!" he asked me. He was excited.

"YES!" I yelled and Sarah got out of her room.

"What the hell are you yelling about this early?" she asked. Her eyes were so sleepy.

"It's not early.. And we're getting tattoos.." I told her with excitement in my voice.

"Oh, wow. Ehm, enjoy yourself.." and she got back inside her room.

We walked out and we were going on foot.

"Do you never drive anywhere?" I asked him.

"Nah, such good weather.. It's nice to walk.." he said to me, but he was distracted.