Chapter 41

Luke's POV

I knew I had to do something about this whole Luke thing. She had left me there this morning and was going out with this dude? I had my chance now and I was not giving it away to some dude. Seriously, did she think I was stupid? Michael had come home and told me all about it. Even the part about her getting a tattoo. It was so cool of her to do that, but it was not okay to go out with this dude. When I'd said I was going to do everything I could to get her back, I meant it. And she knew it. She knew it the moment she laid eyes on me and the confused look was on her face. I just smiled at her. 

"Hello, Chris, nice to see you again", I told her with a big smile.

Her face just darkened. If her eyes could shoot daggers I would've been dead by now. I had seized the opportunity when I saw it. The moment I had seen Will dragging those boards along I knew I should help him and just pretend like she and I never dated. I knew she sure as hell wasn't going to tell him. So I could play this card very nicely. And she still hadn't told him. I just smiled widely. And she knew. 

"Oh, hey Luke!" she spat back. 

Will could obviously not see the tension here. He was setting up the boards. It had been disgusting talking to him about Christina. He really did like her, but he didn't love her like I did. And the whole time he was talking about her all I could think about was smashing his face in with a brick. He didn't even deserve being here with her. I should be the one, but I really screwed this up. And this morning hadn't made it any better. 

"What the hell are you even doing here?" She whispered while she was looking at Will. Making sure he didn't hear us. 

"Well, you sure are classy. You sleep with me this morning and you just take off. And now you're on a date with someone else?" I whisper back while trying to touch her arm. 

She just pulls away and looks me in the eyes. "You shouldn't have done this, or even tell the boys about it.." 

Then she turned around and got back to Will. And she was smiling big time at him. I knew that smile. It was the same one she had used around me when we were dating. Now she kind of was dating him. But not for long. They were talking in the sand while she was showing him her tattoo some more. And he was looking, not only at her tattoo. Again there was an urge to smash him with the nearest object. He shouldn't be looking at her like that. I should be. Ugh, I was so mad at that guy. He seemed honest, but he just had to stick his nose in other peoples business. 

--------

Christina's POV

He just had to be here. He couldn't leave me alone. I didn't feel at ease at all. If only he would go.. How the hell did he even know I was here? Was it all by mistake? Or did he follow me here. I couldn't imagine him doing that.. But Luke had changed and he would do anything to get back together. I just wasn't ready for that. I just wanted to move on. Move on from this mess. And some, big, part of me wanted everything to go back to the way they were. But it couldn't be like that. I decided I was going to ignore him and just flirt with Will. He deserved as much. 

"So, you're ready?" he asked me while leading me to the board. 

"Yes, sir!" I told him and he laughed at me. 

"You're way too cute!" he told me while booping my nose. I kind of liked it. 

His smile was amazing. It reached his eyes and showed off his white teeth. I loved looking at it. It was contagious. I smiled back. 

As I got on the board it felt slippery. I really was bad at these things. But I would have a nice guy picking me up every time, so I didn't mind.