Chapter 42

Christina's POV

The girl finally walked away, with that one girl still looking at me. I tried to ignore her. Luke turned back to me and he looked confused. 

"What's up?" he asked me, worried.

"I don't know.. Can we be friends? Really just be friends?" I asked him, looking up. 

His look softened. 

"Of course!" he told me and he hugged me. 

Being friends had to do. We had to become friends if we wanted to get on with our lives. We both knew that. We could not function as a couple. 

"Come on, let's get you home. We can watch mean girls?" He asked me and I giggled. 

"Yes! That'll cheer me up!" I said and we went on. He hadn't completely let go of me. His arm was still somewhat hanging around me. And I didn't push him away. It was nice in a weird way. 

And Luke didn't do anything else than talk to me. He was sweet and not pushy. It felt like months ago. Like when we first met. But without all the actual sexual tension. We got that out of the way. Still. I wanted to be near him. I wanted to laugh and joke with him. This irrational fear of mine was slowly disappearing. And it was nice to feel normal around him again. Him pushing himself back into my life was actually a good thing. But he still ruined my date. 

We arrived at my place and we went upstairs. I still had never seen my neighbours once. It was really weird. We walked up and I opened the door. Stella came rushing at us. She ignored me and went straight for Luke. Typical. Even she was a traitor. Calum and Sarah were chilling on the couch and they both looked at us with big eyes. Calum's were like: 'What? Are they actually talking?' and Sarah's were: 'Don't you dare have sex with him here'. It was funny and we both laughed at them. 

"We're going to watch Mean Girls", I told them and pulled up my shoulders. 

We just got into my room and I switched on my tv. 

"This is the first time I've seen your room here!" he told me while snooping around. 

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've actually talked like normal people", I laughed.

"Sing me a song?" he asked me. 

"Luke.. You know I don't like to sing in  front of famous people!" I told him and he smiled.

"Oh COME ON! We dated, you did way worse things than sing for me!" 

"Hey! You said you would never bring that up again!" I judged him. 

"Oh, don't give me the pout! Get over here and sing me something!" 

I walked over and sat down behind my piano and I started the song. 

And another one bites the dust

Oh, why can I not conquer love?

And I might've thought that we were one

Wanted to fight this war without weapons

And I wanted it, wanted it bad

But there were so many red flags 

Now another one bites the dust

Yeah, let's be clear, I trust no one

You did not break me

I'm still fighting for peace