Chapter 38

Christina's POV

I stood there. Waiting for him on Venice beach. Like a fool. Like the fool I had always been for him. I would've done anything for him and here I was again. I looked around and I didn't see a soul. Which was weird for LA. There were always people around. I just decided to look over the sea. It was beautiful around here. I loved it. I suddenly felt arms slip around me and I turned around as fast as I could. Crashing in to his chest. And there he was. Luke Hemmings in the flesh and touching me. I just lost my mind and all my senses. I looked into those beautiful eyes. They were more blue around here. The sun set made it even more amazing. We just stared at each other while I felt his arms tighten around me. My heart skipped a beat. And that's when it all happened. The worst and best thing of my life. He kissed me. And I hadn't realised how much my body had wanted, craved it. I closed the gap there still was between us and put my hands in his hair again. Pulling the ends. I felt him groan against my mouth. He pressed me even harder against him. I couldn't get enough of him. I felt the familiar cold of his lipring against my lips. I had missed this so much. My heart failed a few beats. I finally had my fix of Luke. My head was swarming. I couldn't think straight. His smell, it hadn't changed. It was perfect. This moment was perfect. Until I realised how wrong this was. How twisted this was. 

I pulled away and he looked hurt. I couldn't do this. 

"What's wrong?" he said in that deep gruffy voice he always had after kissing. 

"This.." I gestured at us, putting distance between us. "US." 

"We are right together.." he started. 

"No, please", I almost choked on my tears. 

"Chris, please, babe. I made the biggest mistake in human history when I let you go.." he told me. 

I knew he meant what he said. Luke could never lie to me. But here we were. He had broken up with me and now everything was over, the tour, dancing and he wanted me back. It was too convenient for him. 

"You just miss what we had.. You don't miss me.." I told him while turning away. He could not see me crying. Not again. I held them back. I was getting a bit mad too. That helped a lot. 

"No, I really miss you.. I miss us. I miss everything we had. The person I could be around you. You made me a better person. I love you. I love everything there is about you. Why can't you see that?" he told me, pouring his heart out. 

"BECAUSE YOU LEFT ME!" I screamed at him, still tears in my eyes. "You left me, like it was nothing. Like you didn't have anything else to do. You wanted to be free from me. And now you have your way and you want back what you lost. Now.. that I'm finally moving on. Now that I've found myself. I wish.." 

"You wish what?" he said, pain in his voice. 

"Nothing.. Let's just go. I don't want to do this anymore. Luke, it's exhausting." I started to walk away from him. He ran after me. 

"You can't do this. I will do everything I can to win you back", was the last thing he told me before I really ran away. 

I ran and ran. Over the beach. People were looking at me funny. They didn't know what it felt like to be hurt like this. To have all that hurt surface again. It made me want to throw up, again. And this time it wasn't because I got drunk. It was because my body was detoxing again. It was getting Luke out my system. Luke was my drug. And I enjoyed everything about him, but he was bad for me. Bad for my selfesteem. He had broken every little piece of me. And now I was picking up the pieces, again. I kept doing that. I kept picking up pieces of myself, trying to put myself together. But you could only do that so many times. Every time you lost a little piece of yourself. That little piece of glass you can't find because it's too little. I had lost a lot of pieces. And the biggest one I lost in his hands. I knew he had it. I knew he had my heart. And it hurt.