Chapter 20

Luke's POV

"What do you mean Ash?" I asked him, getting nervous.

"I just got a text from Matt, our manager, saying we are leaving tomorrow after our gig", he told me.

Suddenly my world went blank. This was my last day with Christina. I was leaving tomorrow. For L.A.. That was the other side of the country. I knew this day was coming, but it didn't have to come so soon. They could have waited a little bit longer. We were supposed to stay here for 2 more weeks. But now Matt had to change the plans. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to be apart from Chris. And I knew she was going through a lot. I had to be here for her. Now she had to deal with it on her own. This was the one time in my whole life I wished I wasn't in a band. This way I could be with her through her bad times. She was an amazing girl and deserved a guy who could be here for her. And she had to go home now, because she had nowhere else to go but there. I knew how much she hated having to go back home. I could see it in her eyes now as I was staring at her. She was heartbroken. As was I. 

"What? Why?" I almost yelled.

The other boys were looking at me. I saw the sympathy in their eyes. They knew how much Chris ment to me. And how much it had to hurt to be away from her. The thought was painful enough. 

"Something about recording straight away. We have to do a lot."

"Damn.." I whispered. 

Chris took my hand and I looked at her.

"Let's go back to your room", she told me.

We got up and went back to the room. I needed to be alone with her. To talk and say goodbye. I had been so excited for that gig tomorrow. Because Chris could see us play for the first time since I knew her. I even had a song I wanted to dedicate to her. But now I dreaded the stupid concert. 

"It's alright", she told me as we sat down on the bed.

"No it's not. You are going through a rough time and I will be across the fucking country. I hsould be here with you. And now you have to move back to that place you hate to go. All because I have to leave.." I told her.

She grabbed my head between her hands and looked me in the eye.

"You have supported me so well. You have been great. I will have to deal with my problems a bit sooner now, but it's for the best. And we can Skype and stuff. So it will be like you never left. Everything is going to be alright", she told me with a stern look.

Her eyes softened and she looked at me with honesty. I loved when she did that. She was always so honest to me. I could never even picture her lying to me. 

"You deserve someone who will be here for you, to hold you when you need him to.." 

"You are everything I ever wanted, Lucas", she told me with a tear in her eye.

I kissed her then. I needed to. I could see the pain in her eyes when she told me. I was everything she wanted. How could I live up to that when I was across the country? How could I  be perfect for her when I wasn't even in the same timezone? I needed to feel her lips on mine, to reassure me that it was okay. How would I be able to survive without her kisses? I wished she could come with me. But I knew she had to finish school. That was the most important thing here. Maybe afterwards whe could come with me and tour the world. If she even wanted to. 

"Don't worry", she whispered. 

We laid ourselves back on the matress and fell asleep. It felt so good falling asleep next to her. And she brought me good dreams. They always involved her.