Like You Used To

warning: kinda sad

kinda based off of Big Thief - Mary (another Klave song wow-) i guess?? i use like one lyric lol

———

I sit on the floor in the middle of my room, bawling my eyes out.

I can't move. I can't do anything.

He's everywhere.

He's in my closet, where his blazers hang.

He's on my dresser, where little gifts and trinkets he bought me lay.

He's on my walls, hundreds of pictures from my polaroid wall hang.

He's in my bathroom, his toothbrush laying on the sink.

He's in my bed, his scent overpowering the sheets and pillows.

I can't stop the memories.

I had him, and then I didn't.

He just... left.

I look over at the wall, my hand running over the photos. I see one of us that I took on a date.

A little picnic, but it started to rain. And we had our first kiss in the rain.

Will you ever kiss me like that again? In that January rain?

I look to another, a picture of Five snuggled into the blankets and I remember gushing over him because he is adorable.

I see one that Ben took, we were sitting on the couch and I am laughing as Five tickles my sides.

I smile at all the times we had together, but my heart drops.

I'll never get another moment like that with him.

More tears run down my face and I sit against the door, my emotions overpowering me.

Five's POV

I tear my hands through my hair and pace my room, angry tears streaming down my face.

I yell and kick my bed.

I let her go, one of the best things to happen to me.

She loved me for me. She treated me like no one has ever treated me before. And she was mine.

And I let her go.

I'll never get to hold her, never get to run my hands through her hair, never get to kiss her again.

If I had known our last kiss was going to be our last, maybe I would've savored it more. I just want to kiss her, one last time.

The one person that I love as my as she loves me.

Loved.

Will she ever love me again? I just want her back. and I'll never ask for more. All I want is to be able to love her again.

I throw my books on the ground, yelling at them as I'm mad at myself, mad at the world.

I hear footsteps and Diego opens the door. He takes a look at me and my heartbroken expression. "Crap uh, shit feelings. I better get Klaus or mom-" He stutters and runs down the hall, probably to get someone as I fall against the wall and cry into my knees.

"Oh hermano, what have you done?" I feel arms warp around me but I push them off.

"No! I don't deserve your pity, or whatever you're trying to do. I fucked up big time! I let Y/n go! I let her fucking walk out that door! She's probably angry and I'm never going to get to see her again!" I scream as another round of tears come.

"Five listen. If you love her this much, why don't you just, I don't know, tell her? I saw how much she loves you dude, she's not gonna stay mad forever. Just talk to her." Klaus says.

"That might've been the smartest thing to come out of your mouth." I say, wiping my tears.

"I know, I have my moments." He says, flipping his hair over his shoulder making me scoff. "Now go get your girl!" He says, shoving me out the door.

I take a deep breath and jump to Y/n's house and go to knock on the door. Her parents are away on a business trip so it's just her.

When no one answers I knock rapidly until she answers to door.

My heart breaks at the sight.

He eyes are puffy and red, her cheeks are raw, her hair is a mess. I feel a new flood of tears as her eyes well up too. "Five?" She asks, barely more than a whisper.

"Y/n I'm so so sorry I love you so so much." I say, taking her hand. To my relief, she doesn't pull away. "Please forgive me, I'm such an asshole I-"

She puts her hand on my chest to silent me, we watery eyes staring into my own. "You know I will always forgive you Five. I can't not forgive you. I'm always gonna come running back to you. But... you really hurt me. Just give me a day or two, I just... I need some space." She sniffles.

I start crying even more, and I pull her into a quick hug. "Ok." I sigh. "Can I just... kiss you? Just like I used to? One last time?" I ask timidly.

She smiles sadly and puts her soft hands on the back of my neck. She brushes over my cheek with her thumb, wiping some of the tears, just to have them replaced by more. Y/n pulls me closer and her lips touch mine, expressing her sadness and hurt, but also her love. She pulls back and puts her head against mine. "I love you Hargreeves. Don't forget."

"I-I love you too. I hope, maybe I'll see you Saturday?" I ask, the last of my hopes going off onto this one hope.

"It's a date." She looks into my eyes and pulls away, taking her warmth with her. "Until then Five." She mumbles.

I blow her a quick kiss as she closes the door and I jump back to the house, my hands back in my hair. "Well?" Klaus asks from the couch.

"I... She wants a break. but we have a date on Saturday though." I say, trying to be postings.

" That's the spirit. She's always gonna be here. You guys are soulmates." Klaus pats my back and I sigh.

"I hope."

ok that wasn't my original plan but whatever-