Support

high school au
———

I walk down the halls, trying to skip by unnoticed.

You see, I have anxiety. Pretty bad anxiety, and I haven't really told anyone about it.

My parents wouldn't understand, and I don't really have any friends so there's no much to tell.

I go to my locker and put in my combination, but it feels like there are a million people watching my every move.

I know it's the anxiety. People aren't really watching me. But it sure feels that way.

My breath starts to quicken and my anxiety takes over, my hand shaking and palms sweaty. I try to make a beeline for the bathroom, calm myself down.

I have a mask on, this emotionless face that I put on so anyone who doesn't care to look will only see a normal girl. No cares to look any deeper than that.

But with my luck, I manager walk walk right into someone. My books spill onto the floor and without anything to hold onto, my hands shake violently. I try to pick up the fallen books, my breaths shaky. I look over to see a boy helping me.

Five Hargreeves.

I pick up my math textbook and I look up to see him looking at me.

At me. Not through me.

He sees my pain masked by my eyes.

He sees me.

Realization clicks in his mind, the anxiety attack I haven't even tried to stop bubbling inside. He reaches over and takes my hand in his, trying to get it to still. "Hey, hey. It's gonna be ok. Hey, I'm right here." He says, trying to calm my nerves.

My other hand moves to tap on my chest, trying to communicate what my words cannot.

"Hey, ok uh, just look at me. Don't focus on anything else, I'm right here." Five says. "I've got you, I won't let you fall again." He whispers.

He takes my arm and pulls me into a hug, his scent filling my senses, giving me something to focus on.

He whispers kind words of support into my ear, his fingers running trough my hair in attempts to calm my nerves.

Once the episode has past, I pull away to look at the boy. "How did you- How did you know what to do?" I ask quietly.

"I, I also get anxiety attacks. I know what it's like, feeling that weight on your chest that it's as if it'll swallow you whole. The shakiness, the just overall panic. I... I know how much better it is to have some help." He smiles.

"I-I'm y/n."

"Five. Come on, let's get you some water and maybe if you're feeling up to it, to class?"

———
a/n
i... really want to make a red queen miniseries.

would y'all like that?

It might take me some time because i have to get all the details, but i have a really really good idea and i really want to do that.

like here are my powers for the hargreeves. if you have read the series, and you have a better suggestion, please tell me!!!

Luther: strongarm.
- pretty self explanatory
- basically huge muscles and really strong

Diego: magnetron
- are able to bend metals to their will
- not exactly like his powers, but he could through knives because he can control metal

Allison: singer
- they can get anyone to do what they want by using a hypnotic voice on the person

Klaus: eyes
- no power for talking to the dead, but i had an idea that (eyes can see into the future) he would have grown up on the battlefield and it scarred him.

Five: swifty
- again, not one that really works for teleporting
- they move really fast and so it could be like he's basically teleporting

Ben: oblivion
- they can destroy anything with a touch
- kinda like the monsters, how they destroy things

Vanya: telky
- telekinetic abilities
- pretty much what she has.

—————

Anywho, thoughts?? i have such a good idea :p