Music Video

you're a popular actress :))

mostly because that's my dream but yknow, i cant :'))))

warning: mentions of abuse
———

I get to the set of the music video I'm supposed to do, my manager talking me through what I'm supposed to do. "So," She says, "It's your typical high school love story, and the girl, you, goes to find that the boy has abusive parents. It's a touchy subject, but it should be pretty fun." She explains, the script in her hands.

"Yeah. Um, do you know who the boy is?" I ask tentatively. I don't really want to act "in love" with someone I haven't met.

"Uh, no. They're still holding auditions for him today, actually. Today they're going to film some scenes of you by yourself and then a chemistry read with the boys who are trying out." My manager says.

I smile and head into the set.

~ skip to the chemistry reads because we need the tea ~

I walk into the room where the auditions are being held and all the boy's heads turn to me as I enter, and I stroll over to the director and casting director who are seated at the front.

The boys talk amongst themselves, but I notice one who is keeping to himself. He makes eye contact with me.

Green eyes.

Beautiful green eyes.

I look away, a small smile forming on my lips.

"Alright, everybody, listen up! Miss Y/n is here because you fellows are the callbacks, and she's here to do chemistry reads." The director shouts, the boys instantly shushing themselves. I send a small wave and lots of smiles come back at me. "Once you finish, please leave your scripts at the front. Alright, without further ado, lets begin!" (idk how auditions work so-)

I read through with the handful of boys, coming to the last one. "Five Hargreeves?" The director asks.

"Holy shit you're Five Hargreeves." I breathe out as he walks over to me. "Aren't you from the Umbrella Academy?" I ask him.

He sighs and looks away. "I'd rather not talk about that. This is supposed to be for me. Not my siblings, certainly not my father, but me." He says, looking away.

I put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Hey, I get it. Let's do the audition. I'm sure you'll do great." I smile.

"Yeah... this is my first acting job. Even if it's not big." He admits.

"Hey lovebirds! We got a video to film!" The director yells at us.

As flustered as we are, we get through the scene. He places his script on the pile and walks out with a smile plastered on his face.

I grab the script and take my pen, writing two small words on the back.

He's good.

Time skip to filming —

Five, of course, got the role.

But there were some.... intense.... scenes.

We had filmed everything, from our ditching class to Five's "abuse" scenes. except for the last scene.

The...kissing scene.

I had gotten to know Five over the three weeks we've known each other, and you could say I had developed a small crush on him.

But today was the day I had to film the kissing scene.

I sat in hair and make-up, deep in thought. I didn't register my crew finishing getting me ready. I didn't register the walk to the set.

All I could this about was how I'm about to kiss my crush.

I get to set and see Five in normal clothing. I sit down on the bed.

"Ready? AND ACTION!" The director yells.

The music blasts over the speakers, giving Five and I a little bit of clarity.

We act out, and we are supposed to be fighting. I push Five hard, and he glares at me. He comes over and crashes his lips onto mine. I swear fireworks burst behind my eyelids.

I hungrily kiss back, my hand racking through his hair as the song plays, the rest of the world almost forgotten. He pushes me down onto the bed, our lips still connected.

"CUT!" The director yells. "That was great guys, we need some more angles though. Alright, lets do it again!" He yells again.

19 times.

We film the scene 19 times.

19 times I have to make out with Five.

After the scene is finally over, I rush back to my trailer, slamming the door.

I slid down onto the couch and sigh. I hear a quick knock on my door, making me jump. "Y/n? Can we talk?" Five asks.

I get up and and lock to door. I open it to see him fidgeting with his hands. He look up and steps closer. "Y/n I-"

I grab his shirt and pull his lips to mine in a burst of confidence. I lean my forehead against his, smiling widely. "I wanted to let you know that I wasn't acting." He mutters. "It was real. To me at least." He smiles.

I bite my lip and entwine my hand with his. "I wasn't acting either." I whisper, only for his ears to hear.

this was shit idk what this was. just don't even talk about it. we don't talk about it.

until next time my loves.