Chapter 10

*Hazel Murray*

                The boys were really good on stage. They were goofing around, making faces to the fans, making jokes. I soon learned that Harry's were really lame but adorably cute. 

"Knock Knock." He would say.
"Who's there?" The fans screamed.
"Houla."
"Houla who?"
"P!" He popped the 'p', making it sound like houlaoup.

                One girl started laughing hysterically, and Harry was so happy.

"There was one girl who found it funny, thank you!" 

                I shook my head. These boys are crazy.

"Knock Knock." He said later.
"Who's there?"
"A cow goes." He answered.
"A cow goes who?"
"No." He looked offended . "A cow goes mouh."

                I chuckled briefly. What an idiot.

                After the show, the boys thanked their fans and told them that there would be no signing after the show like they normally do because they had to do something afterwards. I felt really bad when the fans started shooing. 

                When they came in back stage, I felt so guilty.

"Guys, I could have waited for you." I said, looking at my feet.
"No, because if we had done a signing, which by the way can take an hour, we would've gone to bed one hour later, maybe more if Simon would've lecture us about it." Louis said. "I'm way too exhausted to go to bed even later."

                Even after those words I felt really bad.

"So, did you like it?" Liam asked.
I stared at him blankly. "Liked what?" Then I faceplamed myself. "Oh, yeah, the show! Yes, it was great! I never listened to your songs before, but they're great. I like them. Even if I didn't know them. You guys aren't really my style of songs. But they're still pretty good! I mean, yeah... hum.." I coughed awkwardly and looked down at my feet again. "Sorry, I'm just really awkward..."

               Harry just laughed and circled my shoulder with his arm. 

"You're cute, I like you." He said. "Now, shall we go?"
My cheeks were flaring. I nodded but said. "If this time I could walk, it'd be nice..."

                I facepalmed again. Why did I keep saying awkward and rude things. The five boys laughed, confusing me.

"Sure, love." Harry said, his arm still around my shoulders.

                We went back to the makeup room, where Lou was waiting with Lux. I sat down in the love seat, waiting for the boys to wash out their makeup and change clothes (not in front of me, of course). We were all sitting in the chairs when Simon arrived twenty minutes later.

"Nice performances boys. Now let's talk business. I've got things planned." Simon looked at me in the eyes. "Hazel, you have to write a list of songs you like to sing and prepare them. You will sing them in front of us and we will choose some of them for your first performance, which will be in LA, the 16th."
"My first show will be in Los Angeles?" I repeated, stunned.
"Yes. For now, you have to get in the buses to go to Las Vegas for the show tomorrow. The drive is about 6 hours in your bunks. Since we have more bunks than we have lads, you will be sleeping in the same bus as them, Hazel. I hope it's okay."
I nodded. "Yeah."
"Tomorrow, you won't be watching their show." Simon said.
"Why?" Harry asked.
"Hazel has to get her makeover tomorrow."
I nodded, but Harry frowned. "Why would she need a makeover. She's perfect like she is."

                Then, he seemed to realize what he just said. We both blushed simultaneously. Simon laughed.

"Not a huge one, just typical makeover. Plus shopping. You'll go with Andy, tomorrow okay?"
"Shopping at Las Vegas with my best buddy?" I said jokingly. "Heck yeah!"

                Andy, who was in the corner of the room, smiled and chuckled. 

"You will do 12 shows, including the one in LA with the boys. They're all in the United States, so don't worry about your passport." I nodded as Simon spoke. "There will be some rules. First, all the other rules still applies now, even when Hazel is here.  Second, I want to be informed of any problems. Third, no funny business in the bus."
"That's his way of saying no sex in the bus." Louis whispered loudly.
Simon glared at him. "I heard that."

                Louis smiled candidly, and it was obvious that it was kind of the point. I giggled.

"Okay, I think we're done here. You can go back to the bus. Boys, be nice to Hazel and show her where to go. I don't want her to call me in the middle of the night saying that she is lost. You can have some bonding time, but don't to bed to late because you still have a show to do tomorrow."
"Yes, Uncle Simon." The boys all said together with fake angelic faces.

                 Simon rolled his eyes and sighed. I chuckled a bit.

"Bye, Simon."
"By, Hazel. Good night everyone."

                Then he left us. The boys gathered their things and I followed them to their bus. Andy brought me my bags and I thanked him. I climbed in the bus. Liam was waiting for me.

"I'll show you your bunk, come on."  He lead me to a small door. "This bunk is the only one with a door, the other ones have curtains." Liam explained. 
"Thanks." I smiled shyly.
"No problem." Liam smiled. "Oh, I almost forgot. I'll give you my phone so you can put your number in it. We'll text you" Liam said. "In case you need to call any of us."

                I nodded and waited for his phone. Mine was in my hand. Liam smiled when he saw my Ed Sheeran case.

"You really do love Ed, don't you?" Liam laughed.
"Yeah..." I blushed and looked at my feet.

                Liam gave me his phone and I entered my number in it.

"Okay, I'll share it with the boys while you get installed.." Liam gave me a last smile before letting me alone in front of my bunk.

                I opened the door and saw a bed with a few cupboards. I opened my bag and put a shirt and some shorts on, before realizing I was a girl alone in a bus with five boys and a driver. I decided to put my sweatpants on instead. ( pajamas ). I placed my clothes in the cupboard and I put my bag under the small bed.

                I took my phone and saw that I received many texts.

From Unknown #1: Hey thereeeeee! :)
From Unknown #2: Hey Hazel ;)
From Unknown #3: Holaaaaa Hazel :D
From Unknown #4: Having a good time? :P
From Unknown #5: Come and join us, love :-*

                I chuckled and replied asking them who they were so I could change their names.

From Unknown #2: It's DJ Malik!
From Unknown #1: I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT KNOW YOUR NIALLER
From Unknown #3: How can you not know your favorite Lou?
From Unknown #5: I'll let you guess.. ;)
From Unknown #4: It's Liam :)

                I stifled a laugh. They were goofy. I entered their names and waited until one of them text me back.

From Nialler :P : Come on, we have food.
To Nialler :P : Coming :D

                I went out of my bunk and joined the boys in the... Well, I'd call it a living room, but it was more of a kitchen/ TV room/ living room/ chilling room/ common room. The boys were all sitting down, some of them on the ground and others on the couch. Niall had a huge bowl of popcorn and the rest of the boys were throwing pillows. I coughed slightly and they stopped, smiling sheepishly.

"Come and sit down, love." Harry said with a cheeky smile.

                I smiled back and sat in front of them, on the carpet.

"So... We don't know much about you Hazel..." Louis started. 
"Except that you like dimples..." Harry teased me with another cheeky smile.

                My eyes widened and I blushed furiously. I hid my face in my hands.

"You saw the twit-cam!" I said, horrified.

                The boys were dying in laughter because of my reaction. Wen I said those things, I never thought I would actually meet them. I shook my head, still hiding in my hand.

"It's okay, love." Harry said, still laughing. "You said nice things."

                That made me blush even more.

"So, as I was saying, we don't know much about you, except that you like Harry's dimples." Louis said.
"If you saw the twit-cam, you know much more than that."
"You like Ed Sheeran." Liam said, pointing my phone and my shirt.
"Yeah." I giggled. "I love him."
"But like, we don't know you." Louis said. 
"Then, ask any questions." I shrugged.

                I f I was to live with them, might as well get to know them.

"How old are you?" Harry asked.
"Seventeen."
"But didn't you just finish your senior year?" He asked, confused.
"Yeah, my registration was messed up for school, and I was a grade older than I was supposed to."
"Do you have a nickname?"
"No..." I shook my head at Louis' question.
"I'm sure your friend must have given you a nickname... Everybody has one." He said.
"Well... hum..." I looked at the ground awkwardly. "I didn't really have any friend at school, so the answer would be no, I don't have a nickname at all."

                Instead of being awkward like I was, Louis' face lit up.

"So we're like your first friends?"
"Uh... Yeah."
"That's awesome! We're the ones who get to name you!" He screamed. "I say we call you Haze!" (A/N: pronounce Haze like maze)
"Don't you already have Haz?" I said.
"That's even better! Haze and Haz!" Lousi cheered while I blushed.
"I don't mind..." I said.
"GREAT!"

                Liam whispered next to me.

"He would have called you Haze even if you said know."
I shrugged. "That's why I said yes."

                Liam chuckled.

"Is it true you never had a first kiss, or a boyfriend?" Harry asked.
I blushed. "No, I lied in front of the camera for no reason." I said.

                Then, I realized how rude I sounded and I apologized, while the boys were laughing. They did had an easy laugh.

"It was a stupid question to ask anyway..." Harry shrugged my apology of with a smile.
"Hey, Haze, could you sing for us?"

                I opened my mouth and closed it. I blinked, surprised.

"Uh... yeah, I guess. What do you want me to sing?"
"'Little Things'." Harry immediately answered. "I have an even better idea. We're going to sing with you."
"Euhm, okay..." I agreed hesitantly.
"Oh wait!" Niall said. 

                He went outside of the bus then came out with two guitars. He handed me one of them.

"I saw that you didn't bring yours, so I thought you'd like to have this one. Until you buy one wourself, you can use it." He smiled kindly.
"Thanks Nialler." I replied with a giggle.
"HAZE CALLED ME NIALLER!" Niall gasped. "I'M THE FIRST ONE SHE CALLED BY A NICKNAME!"

                I chuckled and shook my head. They were so silly. I looked at the guitar in my hand. It was a beautiful Brown sunburst Fender . I played some notes, as if I was doing a solo and listened to the sound. It was a bit off so I tuned it and then I was satisfied.

                I played the first few chords of 'Little Things' but stopped when I was supposed to start singing.

"Is everything alright, Haze?" Harry asked me.
"Yeah, it's just weird..."
"What is?" Liam asked.
"This." I answered showing the boys and the bus. "Two weeks ago, when I did the cover, I was only thinking of how cute the song was and I was trying to make the girl that asked it happy. Now, here I am about to sing your own song in front of you. Plus..." I hesitated.
"Plus what?" Zayn asked.
"I never sang in front of anybody except my parents."
"You sang in front of a camera..." Liam said, confused.
"Yeah, but it isn't the same thing in front of a camera and in front of real life people." I giggled nervously. "Especially when the real life people are the artists that originally performed the song. It's just so weird."

                They all smiled encouragingly as I restarted the song. This time, I sang the first note. Zayn's voice joined mine. Then, it was Liam's turn. The three of us sang the chorus. Niall joined in with the second guitar as the second verse started. Louis sang with me, then I sang with Harry.

                With Harry, it was different than with the others. We locked eyes all along the verse and second chorus. I broke the eye contact the first, embarrassed. 

                I sang with Niall, who had a cute Irish accent even when he sang. I finished the song with all the boys and it was silent for a moment. Then, Harry spoke up.

"I think I talk for everybody when I say that you sing even better live than in the video." He said.
I blushed. "Thanks."

                The boys were all calm now. Louis and Harry were both lying on the couch. I smiled. I understood why the fans loved Larry Stylinson. They did look like they were best friend. Niall was on the small armchair next to them, still eating. Zayn was lying next to the couch, while Liam was sitting next to me. 

"Haze, can you sing something else?" Harry asked. "Anything you like."

                I nodded and started playing on the guitar. It was 'Autumn Leaves ' by Ed Sheeran. 

"Another day, another life
Passes by just like mine.
It's not complicated."

"Another mind, another soul
Another body to grow old.
It's not complicated."

"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves
Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me."

"Another tear, another cry
Another place for us to die.
It's not complicated."

"Another life that's gone to waste
Another light lost from your face
It's complicated."

"Is it that it's over or do birds still sing to you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves
Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me."

"Oh how I miss you
My symphony played the song that carried you out
Oh how I miss you
And I, I miss you and I wish you'd stay."

"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves
Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me."

                I started the bridge and the musical softly, not wanting to wake up the sleepy boys. Then, I softened even more for the end of the song. The lyrics always put me on the verge of tears.

"Touch down
Like seven four seven.
Stay out,
And we'll live forever
Now."

                I finished the last chord and watched with amusement that Louis had fallen asleep. Zayn seemed asleep too and Niall was about to leave us. Liam was the only one truly awake, because he smiled at me. A husky voice spoke.

"Haze, do the world a favor..." Harry started, almost asleep.

                My heart squeezed in my chest. I thought he was about to say to shut up.

"...And sing this song in our show."

                That was not what I expected. My heart was warm and fuzzy as I watched Harry close his beautiful green eyes of his and drift to sleep. I smiled to Liam and stood up.

"Good night, Li."
"Night, Haze. Sweet dreams."

MEDIA PICTURE: LILY COLLINS AS HAZEL 

MEDIA VIDEO: AUTUMN LEAVES BY ED SHEERAN 

A/N: Sooooo... how do you like it so far?