Chapter 8

*Hazel Murray*

                The plane landed at 4 o'clock. Andy shook my shoulder to make me up five minutes before. I was still sleepy when we got down and I kept bumping into everybody, leaving a chorus of sorry behind. Not that I could really hurt anybody...

                Andy gave me a pair of dark sunglasses before putting some too. I looked at the glasses in my hands, puzzled.

"Is the sun that bright here?" I said.

                Andy started laughing like crazy.

"You are an adorable one, Hazel Murray." I just frowned, no knowing what's funny. "The sunglasses aren't really for the sun, they're because of the paparazzi."
"Simon already told everybody who I was?" I asked.
"No, he wants your first show to be sort of a surprise... People might recognize me as the One Direction bodyguard, and maybe take pictures, because that's the only thing people do our days. If you are on a picture with me, they might do the math and guess, then spread the word. Anyways, you have to get used to it because, when you'll be famous, you'll be wearing some every time you want to go out incognito."
"Oh, okay." I nodded, understanding. I put the sunglasses on my nose.
Andy smiled at me. "Simon is going to love working with you."

                I looked away embarrassed.

"And why is that?"
"You ask questions, but you listen to the answer and you try to understand the reasons. Then, you listen to what we told you and you do it." Andy said. "The boys aren't like that at all. They just do crazy things and expect a result." Andy shook his head while talking.
I chuckled. "But you love them."
Andy sighed with a smile. "But we love them."

                We went in a black car that was waiting for us outside of the airport. I climbed in the car in the front seat, and Andy went behind the wheel after putting all my things in the back. Andy started the engine and drove us to the Viejas Arena.

                Twenty-two minutes later, we were in front of a huge Arena. Girls were already lining up outside, waiting for the people to open the gates of the Arena. It was only 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and the show only started at 7.

"Hazel, would you like to watch the show from backstage, or you would prefer being in the front, the VIP section?"

                At the thought of being with all the crazy Directioners screaming, I swallowed.

"Back stage is perfectly fine."
Andy chuckled. "Well, back stage it is. Anyways, I think Simon wanted to talk to you."
"Simon is here?" I said, wide eyed.
"Yes, only for you." Andy answered seriously before grinning. "He's here to coordinate things  with you and the boys actually. Like, how thing are going to be, rules..."
"Rules?" I asked, curious.
Andy laughed. "Yeah, like being nice to you, not too crazy, not try to seduce you..."
I swallowed uneasily. "Seduce me?"
Andy laughed again. "I'm just kidding. These boys flirt like frogs."

                We entered in the back lodge. It was so weird seen everything people don't see behind a show. Andy greeted a man, Paul Higgins I think, the other bodyguard.

"How was your trip?" Mr. Higgins asked.
"Great. Paul, this is Hazel Murray, the new opening act."
"Lovely girl." Mr. Higgins said.
"Thank you, nice to meet you, Mr. Higgins." I said shyly, blushing.
"She's a shy one, is she?" Paul laughed while Andy nodded. "You can call me Paul, Hazel."
"O-Okay."
Andy laughed again at my obvious discomfort. "Come on, Hazel, there is still a few people you need to meet. Paul, where are the boys and Lou?"
"The boys are rehearsing for the last time on stage and Lou is at the makeup station."
"Okay, thanks. Follow me, Hazel."