Chapter 48

*Hazel Murray*

"It's okay to have these kind of days, Haze..." Ed tried to comfort me.
I snorted. "You don't. You always know what to write..."
"No I don't." He chuckled t my pouty face. "Even I get stuck in the blank page syndrome."
"Nice try, but I don't believe you." I whined. "You're only trying to be nice. Cause Harry told you to babysit me."

Harry and the boys had some stuff to do with Management. Since I kinda held a grudge against them, I refused to go, but Harry, for some reasons unknown of me, thought it would be a bad idea to leave me alone. And for the first time in weeks, Niall sided by him. They called Ed to come and babysit me. He says it's to keep me company, but I know better... So since I had nothing better to do, and Ed didn't want to go out except to eat at Nando's, and that there aren't any Nando's in America, I had nothing better to do than to write songs.

"You know what?"
I rolled my eyes. "If I knew, you wouldn't have to ask that."
"Tone down that attitude, missy." Ed teased.
"God, you sound like Lou!" I laughed.
Ed chuckled. "Whatever. Since you can't write alone, how 'bout we write one together? I can even call Taylor to join us"
My eyes widened. "You do realize you are about to accomplish my last fangirl wish?"
"Now I do. Let's get to it, then."

Half an hour later, we had the idea of the song. It was pretty light and happy, which was very needed these days... Between Niall and Harry's unstable friendship, Management who was driving the boys crazy, the medias who has been going nuts, no pun intended... Taylor arrived around that time.

"Hey, Teddy!" She said, hugging him with a huge grin.

I looked at the ground. I couldn't help but feel incredibly intimidated by her. She had everything: the voice, the fans, the best friendship you could ever wish for, the beauty, the intelligence, the freaking body of a Victoria Secret Angel. She was tall, blonde, self-confident, and I was me: tiny, brunette (now red head, but still), incredibly insecure... And she had so many relationships before! I only have Harry... Which is more than enough, but never did anyone think I was pretty before Harry... Taylor had boys flocking all around her. I knew it was ridiculous to feel jealous, but I couldn't control the little green monster who showed up on my shoulder.

And the worst thing? I couldn't even hate her. She was so beautiful, so sweet and funny, just so perfectly perfect, that I couldn't even hate her perfection. I was terribly jealous, but it was only envy, not hatred.

She turned towards me after greeting Ed, and surprised me with a hug.

"Hazel! It's so nice to see you again... We should hang out more."
I forced a smile, that I hope looked genuine. "We really should."
"So what are you doing?"
"Writing a song." I answered. "But I'm not quite sure about the second verse though, Ed."
"Let me see." Taylor said.

Her blue eyes scanned over the messy paper covered with Ed and I's handwriting. She frowned and thought for a couple of seconds, then took a pen and scribbled on the paper.

"This should do it." She exclaimed.

I looked at the modifications and my eyes widened. It was brilliant, and yet so simple. I played a couple of chords, mentally singing the lyrics, and nodded.

"Perfect." I smiled. "Shall we?"

I bit my lip and looked at Taylor, who was just sitting next to us looking absolutely beautiful and natural in her floral dress, while I was only dressed in ugly short and a huge shirt, which was actually Harry's briefs and his Rolling Stones shirt. If I knew Taylor was coming, I would have put something on... Jealously flared again in my hest as I looked at the perfect beauty next to me, making me look like crap. I tried to shake it off and smiled again.

"Hey, maybe you can sing with us?"

So, this is how my duet with Ed turned into a triet(?) with him and Taylor. Ed started the recording on the camera of my laptop and then started strumming on his guitar.

I was the first singing, following Ed's lead with my own guitar.

"All I knew this morning when I woke
Is I know something now, know something now
I didn't before."
"And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago
Is green eyes, and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind
Making me feel like."

Taylor's voice rose as I stopped singing.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now.
I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now."

Ed joined her, sounding amazing as usual as me and him continued on our guitars.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now."

Finally I joined too, our three very different but yet so similar voices singing together.

" I just wanna know you, know you, know you."
"Cause all I know is when we said 'hello'
And your eyes looked like coming home.
All I know is a simple name,
Everything has changed.
And all I know is you held the doors
And you'll be mine and I'll be yours.
All I know since yesterday is
Everything has changed."

I buckled in with a few rifts on my guitar while Ed did the bass. He looked at me with a smile and winked as he started his part.

"All my walls stood tall painted blue
And I'll take them down, take them down,
And open up the door for you."

Taylor and I picked up after him, smiling to each other.

"All I feel in my stomach is butterflies
The beautiful kind, making up for lost time,
Taking flight, making me feel right."

I continued singing as Taylor did some back vocals.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now.
I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now."

Ed, just like he did with Taylor earlier, sang with me.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now.
I just wanna know you, know you, know you."

We sang for the second time the chorus, me making a few modification in the notes to create some variations in the melody. Ed's eyes widened a bit but he continued on his note, never missing one, while Taylor only smirked appreciatively, focusing on her voice.

"Cause all I know is when we said 'hello'
And your eyes looked like coming home.
All I know is a simple name,
Everything has changed.
And all I know is you held the doors
And you'll be mine and I'll be yours.
All I know since yesterday is
Everything has changed."

As we changed the chords to start the bridge, I pushed my voice to a voice a lot more in the sopranos than I did for the rest of the song. I even stopped strumming to concentrate on the really high notes, letting Ed do all the music job.

"Come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time.
Oh, oh, oh.
And meet me there tonight.
And let me know that it's not all in my mind."

I trailed off the last note, smiling proudly. I should use the sopranos more often... They are one of my favorite thing to do, after Harry of
course. Naughty jokes apart, they were my strong suit, and the fact that I can easily do whistle tones is not something I exploited very much on the first album I made. I knew I would have to use them more in the second one. That is, if there is a second one...

Taylor sang the last pre-chorus as I took my breath.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now.
I just wanna know you, know you, know you."

The three of us sang for the last time the chorus, all of us giving all we had in it.

"Cause all I know is when we said 'hello'
And your eyes looked like coming home.
All I know is a simple name,
Everything has changed.
And all I know is you held the doors
And you'll be mine and I'll be yours.
All I know since yesterday is
Everything has changed."

I sang the last part really softly, all in emotion and delicacy, going back on those sopranos I used earlier. I also changed the rhythm, though still following Ed's strumming.

"All I know is when we said 'hello',
So dust off your highest hopes
All I know is pouring rain and
Everything has changed.
All I know is a new found grace
All my days I'll know your face.
All I know since yesterday is
Everything has changed."

After I sang the last note, we all looked at each other in silence, before starting to laugh hysterically. I didn't even know why, but I was cracking in laughter. Tears were rolling down my face, my body shaking as inexplicable spasm of laughter shook my whole body. Every time I tried to stop laughing, one glance to Ed or Taylor, would made me start to laugh again. They were no better. Ed look the lovely shade of red peonies, which looked quite cute with his orange scuffled hair, whereas Taylor looked like a cooked lobster. A very blonde and curly cooked lobster, but you get the image. God, why do I have to sound so jealous and desperate?!

When our laughter finally died down, I wiped all the tears from my face, little chuckles still animating my body. Ed was finally breathing normally and Taylor was just lying on the floor of my hotel room, looking exhausted by our laugh crisis.

"It's been a long time since I had laughed like this." She admitted, a small smile tugging her lips upwards. "Though I don't even know what we were laughing about."
"Me neither." I confessed, giggling.
Ed shut down the camera. "I didn't know you could go this high, Hazel. Jeez, warn me next time you do that. I lost all focus."
"You swept me off my feet, girl." Taylor added. "I mean I heard your album, but you sound way better live. And those whistle tones... Holy crap, I don't know many people who can go there. Maybe like Christina Aguilera, but other than that..."
I blushed. "Thanks."
Ed chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "No but seriously, why not use them more in your songs?"
I shrugged. "I didn't think of it as something I should do..."
Taylor snorted. How can someone snort but still look attractive? I snorted and sounded like a goddamn pig. "Well then, it's a good thing you have us amazing friends to make you realize that your sopranos need to be heard."
"Do you guys want to post the video on YouTube?" Ed asked.
"Only if we cut the part where we laugh like maniacs." Taylor said, trying to hide a smile, and failing.
I grinned. "I'll take care of that."

I edited the video, cutting the lat part out of it. I made a small intro with Ed and Taylor, explaining what we did. After putting everything together, we listened to the whole video. I was surprised by how good we sounded together, and knew by their grins that Ed and Taylor had the same feeling as I did.

"You're good at this." Taylor commented.
"Editing videos? That's how I started." I answered.
"Started from the bottom now we're here!" Ed said, high fiving me as Taylor face palmed.
"Dear God, not again..." She whined.

I giggled and shook my head, uploading the video on YouTube. As soon as it was done, I closed my computer and we just hang out in the hotel room, talking about everything and nothing. Even though I still felt incredibly jealous of Taylor, getting to know her made me forget that a bit. I saw that she was kinda like me: with her own insecurities, and not as perfect as I thought she was. She still was way better than I ever would be, but to know that she was human too made me feel a tad better... We all have our ways of coping?

"I love you, Hazel." Tay dramatically said, hugging my small frame tightly. "Let's be BFF!"
"Oi, I thought I was your BFF!" Ed exclaimed in a mock of hurt.
"It's okay, Teddy, I'll be yours." I promised him, giggling softly.
"No, but seriously I thought you were childish and just incredibly lucky to fall on One Direction to start your career. But now I realize how wrong I was. You are gorgeous and talented, and also very mature for eighteen years old." Taylor admitted.
"Thank you, but you're not that much older than me..." I said."You're 22."
"Yeah, but you get what I mean... Come on, you hang out with One Direction!"
I chuckled. "Yeah, not always easy, I have to admit."
"I feel like we're going to be one hell of a trio." Ed said, chuckling lightly.
"We should form a band." I proposed, grinning madly.
"Yeah, totally..." Taylor made a thinking mock. "What should our name be?"
"Right Direction?" I suggested mockingly. "That would be fitting."
"Let's see how famous our new band is." Taylor joked, checking on my laptop. She nearly dropped it when she saw the comments. "Holy crap, there's more than 1,000,000 and it's been less than two hours!"
"Well, it's like three fandoms combining together, so it's kinda normal..." Ed pointed out.
"Our band is famous!" I playfully exclaimed.
"You guys have a band?" A voice came from the door.
"What?" A muffled voice exclaimed.
"What are you talking about, Ni?" Another one echoed.

I turned around and saw a very confused One Direction looking at us, making us laugh. I jumped on my feet to greet them, kissing their cheeks, adding a hug for Niall, who was tensed, and a kiss on the lips for Harry, who looked uneasy.

"We're famous now!" I giggled against his lips, trying to lift his mood up.
"God, did you make her drink?" Harry teased lightly , an tired grin stretching on his face.
"Nah, put the weed was really good." Ed replied.

Harry obviously believed him cause his eyes widened and his jaw dropped, before tensing in anger. His arms protectively circled around me.

"Are you nuts? You made her smoke?"
"Oi, it's not as if you never smoked before, mate." Ed sneered, obviously pleased about the effect he had on Harry's mood.

I could feel harry trembling under my touch as his fury intensified.

"I leave her with you for like four hours, and you make her smoke weed? What the fuck, Ed?"
"Maybe the problem is that you leave her." Niall snapped from behind.

The whole room stilled and Harry paled. He looked livid with Niall, but pinched his lips together to keep himself from answering.

"And if you were smart enough, you'd realize that the room doesn't smell like weed, Harry." Niall spat. "So calm the fuck down, and instead of taking out on Ed the anger you have for yourself, maybe go think things out outside."
"Shut up Niall."
"No you shut up. You screwed up, and you're throwing a pity party for yourself." Niall snarled. "You know you don't deserve Hazel, and it's eating you up."
"Boys, enough..." I whispered, scared of how everything was turning out.
"No, Hazel!" Niall yelled. "You don't get it! He fucked up!"
"We're past that now..." I coxed , trying to sooth his anger.
"No! Not that! He screwed up again!"
"Shut up, Niall, for once in your fucking life!" Harry shouted.
"If you don't tell her, I will!"
"Why want to ruin everything with the love of my life because you want her all for yourself? Don't even try lying, I know you're in love with her!" Harry yelled, out of it.
"Not because I want to ruin things, because she deserves better than a lying scumbag like you!"
"Like who, you?" Harry snorted.
"At least I'd love her like she deserve to be loved!" Niall screamed.

Silence fell in the room. I was livid with everything that happened, The boys looked incredibly uncomfortable, Taylor was confused, and Ed looked guilty for starting all of this.

Harry just shook his head and scurried out of the room. My heart squeezed painfully in my chest. What now? I was about to follow him, but Niall scoffed.

"You're really going to follow him? Seriously? You're a fucking idiot, Hazel." He said, before leaving the room too.

I was so confused about what was happening. None of this made sense.

"What just happened?" Taylor asked.
"No fucking clue." I answered.
"I'm sorry?" Ed said.
"It's not your fault..." Liam sighed. "This was bound to happen..."
"What's going on?" i squeaked in a tiny voice, terribly afraid of the answer.
"It's Harry... He..." Liam sighed. "He cheated."

My heart shattered in thousand of pieces.

A/N: He he sorry? I hope you enjoyed, thank you so much for the 675 likes! I am so sorry to all of you for Zayn's departure, it's terrible and sad, but he would want for us to keep loving the boys... For him, let's do this