Chapter 4

*Hazel Murray*

                I woke up the next morning at the sound of my alarm. I pressed snooze and laid back on my mattress. Friday. Finally. The week was almost over. I rolled out of bed and went in the shower. I braided my hair and dressed up. If you noticed, I loved skirts and pastel colors. I put on a tank top with a cream floral skirt. With a pink jacket and flats, I was ready. I grabbed my phone, that had a new case and my gray Jansport bag. 

                Done! No makeup for me, so I'm faster to get ready.

                I winced. I forgot my bruise on my arm because of Aaron death grip. I accidentally hit the zone with my bag while I put it on my back. I never had a great resistance to pain.

                Before I left, I logged in on YouTube to see the comments. One of them made me angry.

'You're better than One Direction! You go girl! They're just fags and you show them how to sing!'

                I shook my head and dropped my bag. I went to my laptop and turned my camera on.

"Hey guys, I'm Hazel Murray. Normally in those videos I would make a cover of a song, but not this morning. This is kin of an unusual video. I was scrolling down my comments fr the last video I made, which was a cover of 'Little Things' by One Direction, when I saw a comment saying that I was better than them."

                I paused, taking a deep breath.

"You have to understand that I really appreciate the support you give me. But saying that an artist is less than another, for any reason, is just wrong. 'Little Things' is One Direction's song, not mine. All I do is making a cover of it. If I sing well, great! But just tell me so like that, not by putting me over someone else."

                I was talking softly, hoping my viewers would understand my point.

"Plus, calling them fags and gays..." I shook my head. "You don't know one thing about their personal lives. They all got at least two girlfriends each, and you're telling me they're gay? First of all, what's wrong with being homosexual? If they were really gay, should that be a problem? Second, what does that have to do with music. Who a person is doesn't matter, it's what they do. I don't like how Lady Gaga dress, but I still respect her for what she has accomplished. Same goes for Justin Bieber. Yes, his mother had him when she was a teenager. So what?"

                I stared at my camera sadly.

"People tend to judge on what they think they know of others, instead of the truth. What you see in magazines and in media is only a part of what is true. Paparazzi will hide a lot of information to only give you a tiny piece of it. But if you knew the whole story, you'd understand that there's nothing to fuss about."

                I took my breath. It's a huge speech for me.

"Back to One Direction, please, don't hate on them, for any reason. Hate hurts. More than any of you can ever imagine. Words can have an effect on people, and you don't even imagine it. You say that you are free to express your opinions, but that's not an opinion. It's a judgement. I'd continue the video, but I'll be late for school.Thanks for watching." I finished with a small smile and I waved.

                I shut my camera off and sighed. I look at the clock. It was a quarter to nine, and school started in five minutes. I sighed. It takes me ten minutes to go to school by walking and my mother wasn't there this morning to lift me up.

                I was going to be late again in a place where I don't want to be. Great.

*Harry Styles*