Chapter 50

A/N: Can he like not 

*Harry Styles*

This wasn't her. This couldn't be her.

My Hazel was beautiful and full of life. My Hazel has flushed cheeks and a happy smile making her face hollowed with dimples. My Hazel has sparkly golden eyes and a crystal-like laugh that rang to your ears like music. My Hazel has shiny healthy-looking hair that fell down her shoulders in light natural curls. My Hazel has small freckles on her nose and under her eyes, adding some color to her pale, flawless skin. My Hazel has a tiny but strong body.

This was just the ghost of my love, a memory of who she was, lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. She was just an empty shell of what my Angel once was.

Her eyes were closed. She looked thin and fragile, like an old broken doll. Her skin was pale, almost marble-like, a unhealthy grey color, and her hand felt frigid under my fingers. Her long and thick eye lashes fell on her cheekbones, only barely hiding the dark bags under her eyes. Her hair, even though it has been brushed, looked dull and was oddly scattered around her head, like a crown of blood. Her face was tensed, instead of serene like it normally was, as if she was still conscious and incredibly tormented. She looked broken.

She was unmoving, plunged in the deep slumber caused by the sedatives, and just looked downright dead. The doctor said that after a panic attack like the one she had, they had to keep her sedated for a few hours to make sure her body was healing. After Zayn, Liam and Louis got her here by ambulance, Niall and Paul following with Paul's car, they texted me and told me to come, then called Hazel's parents to inform them of what happened. They couldn't leave right away because of the weather in Utah, but they said they were coming as soon as they could manage to take a plane. We passed the whole night at the hospital. I didn't sleep, I just waited 14 hours for her to wake up.

What had gone so wrong? Ever since we came to New York, everything just seemed to be going downhill. How can something that seemed so perfect and so strong can burn down to flames so fast? I made mistakes, but we were fine after she had forgave me. But somebody had to destroy everything for the second time.

It wasn't even my fault this time.

But, of course, nobody believed me. I told the lads and Management the pictures were photoshopped. I told them that I'd never do that to my Angel. But somehow, when you make one mistake, you make all of them afterwards.

Niall was so wrapped up in his love and protectiveness for Hazel that he completely forgot who I was. It's like our friendship never even existed to him, like he didn't know that I would never, ever do that to any woman, let alone the love of my life. This cheating scandal isn't the first that happens, and I admit the picture was well made, too well made, unfortunately.

I glanced at my 'brothers' in the hospital room. Zayn was looking at the window, a sad expression on his face. Louis was sitting right next to him, nervously looking at his phone. Liam was leaning on the wall next to the door, a worried mock tensing his features. Niall was just staring at Hazel, his normally warm features hard and closed off.

I suddenly scoffed, breaking the silence that has been hovering in the room for the past five hours. All their gazes turned on me, Niall's burning holes through my head.

"Something funny?" He snapped, his Irish accent sounding thicker than normally as his anger enhanced.

"Actually, yeah, there is." I growled, standing up on my feet, glaring at him. "What's funny is that after nearly three years together, supporting each other against hate, rumors, and just social medias in general, and then I make one mistake with Hazel, you stop believing in me. It's fucking hilarious actually. Do you think I could actually even think about another woman in my life when I have Hazel? Do you honestly think that low of me to just cheat on the most wonderful woman I ever met?"