Chapter Six

Spike had gracefully jumped out my window and landed in pure silence, I however refused to believe that I would land without a thud.

It was a long way down and I just couldn't believe that I wouldn't hurt myself. I was on the window ledge, scared out if my mind, but then spike had to talk.

"Just jump." He growled impatient from the leafy ground below, I couldn't control my movement anymore and my body forced myself to listen to his commanding tone, and my body was leaping from the ledge, and throttling towards the ground, I felt as though I was flying, because it was like the air refused me to go down and it was pushing gently upwards so I landed smoother.

Hitting the ground wasn't quite as well done as Spike's, it was bumpy and one foot tripped over the other as I skidded on my toes to a stop, but I was alive at least.

"That wasn't so hard was it? But if you were sneaking around, you would have been caught already." Spike mentored, I didn't have any reply, I just stalked behind Spike into the woods, admiring the fact that when he walked, it was swift and silent, even when he stood on the crunchy autumn leaves, there was no noise, almost like he weighed nothing.

"Where are we going?" I asked, he tutted his tongue.

"You'll know soon enough." Spike teased, I grumbled and for a second was afraid, how did I know he was going to allow me home. I slowed my pace, thinking carefully about my options.

"If your planning a stupid escape, you might want to wait until I've taught you to flit? Not that that would help, but it might be an idea." He exhaled, easily manoeuvring between the trees that seemed to become more frequent.

"How do I know you'll let me go home?" I inquired, he laughed for a while.

"I don't want to be stuck babysitting you, of course you can go home after." He spat, I let out a sigh of relief, feeling less tense. We had been walking for about twenty minutes in an awkward silence, I could hear all the woodland creatures nesting and nurturing.

We approached a reasonably large building or more a warehouse, it blended to the colours of the greenery almost like camouflaging it, it was easily noticeable, it was just the fact of finding it in the huge forest. Spike turned around and made sure I entered through the door, and this blinding light hit me in the face. I let out a shriek at the sudden light.

"Just be glad it wasn't UV rays." Spike mocked as I squinted my eyes to look at what was inside, there was a large open hall with another room splitting it half way, then stairs leading to the other floors. It was empty, but I knew where we were.

"This is like the little hang out for the Twisted Feathers gang?" I stated more than questioned, spike smirked at my memory.

"Correct, so behave." Spike warned I nodded, he walked to the middle of the hall, and I slowly trailed behind.

Spike had this glint in his eye and suddenly he vanished leaving me stopping and standing there, if I still had a heartbeat it would be speeding up rapidly by now. Where did he go?

I felt this sharp pain hit me from behind and I toppled forward landing on my chest on the greyed floor. It took me a while to stand again, the force was a lot.

By the time I had managed to stand up, my legs were kicked from under me and I tripped backwards, my vision dazed, spike stood over me smirking widely. I groaned.

"I think You broke something." I choked out, trying to sit up but spike slammed his foot on my chest pinning me down, I hissed in reflex.

"Well, you'd be dead by now." Spike admitted. He seemed amused that I couldn't defend myself. I tried to get up again but his foot was firmly in place.