Chapter Sixteen

Eliza's POV

Shadow had re-chalked the gap in the circle so I was once again trapped inside this boredom trap, although I had been reading quietly for fifteen minutes I became uncomfortable for the two boys to be watching me.

"How long are you going to be standing there for?" I questioned, not looking up and reading the last sentence of the page before swiftly turning the page and looking up to them.

"However long it takes." Spike replied, "I've all the time in the world." He mocked, something bitter in his tone, Shadow looked just as bored as me.

"Well it's starting to get creepy." I smiled, suddenly something left my body and hit Spike, like an imaginary barrier, he jolted, gritting his teeth tightly, his eyes flashing red, then his head snapped towards Shadow. Who slowly turned his head noticing Spike's fierce gaze.

"Why? Just why would you do that?" Spike hissed, glaring at Shadow, I didn't know what had happened either, something that I did, well I think it was me, affected something in Spike.

"What have I done now?" Shadow sighed, boredly, Spike seemed to have his teeth gritted so tightly that he was almost breaking them. Then something left my body and hit him again, this time he let out a growl, it sounded rather sexual, my eyes widened, was Shadow doing something or was I?

"Oh, now that definitely isn't me, I don't do guys." Shadow bemused, but then Shadow's eyes flickered to mine, amused, Spike narrowed his eyes, slowly snapping his head in my direction. His head cocked to the side, before his eyes softened.

"You have got to be kidding me." Spike said in disbelief.

"Wait, that's me? I'm doing that, I mean I thought my body felt weird but I, I'm so sorry-" I paused feeling a massive build up of the same feeling, Shadow quickly looked at me. "Shit." I whispered.

"You're going to have to let it out, or it's going to backfire and hit you."Shadow sang, then looking over at a very annoyed Spike.

"How can she even be doing that? Let alone be doing it in a demon trap." Spike hissed curiously, suddenly I let out the wave and it not only hit Spike off his feet it made Shadow stumble back too. They both let out unwanted groans, both there eyes flaring red.

"Oops" I outburst apologetically, I felt much better though now, Shadow and Spike stood up they were both itching their crotches, and I covered my eyes quickly not wanting to see such a thing.

"Are you guys done?" I asked, with my eyes still covered, waiting for a response. Spike and Shadow grumbled, I took that as a yes. I slowly removed my hands from my eyes and saw them both glaring back at me, arms folded.

"You just had to be different didn't you." Shadow sighed, rolling his eyes, what so because i'm this Aphraver, I suddenly gain creepy powers from drinking people's blood.

"Not only do I have to now help you gain self control, but now Shadow has to help you not shoot waves of lust at people, that is, if it won't dissipate after his blood has past through your system, I didn't even know you could gain others abilities just by drinking their blood, or is that just you? You have to be this weird version of a vampire." Spike ranted on, I just looked at him about to fall asleep, he noticed and rolled his eyes. Then all three of us heard footsteps from down the stone path. In fact there were two pairs of footsteps.

I waited anxiously to see who would emerge, Antonia's pretty face was first and then it was in fact Tobias' unwanted presence that appeared. His eyes fell upon mine softly, as if trying to apologise again for what had happened. Then Spike clicked his tongue at Tobias's arrival.

"What the hell are you doing here?' He asked, his eyes flickered over to Antonia, as I as had something to do with it, Antonia smiled.

"He's the latest member of the Twisted Feathers" Antonia stated as if taunting him. Spike searched to see if she was lying, but his eyes landed on Tobias and his childish face. Spike sneered at him. "Aren't you proud?" She said sarcastically, but Tobias was too busy staring at me and my demon trap to notice.