Chapter Twenty-Four

"No, I'm not Eliza, you've got the wrong p-person." I stuttered, Tobias kept his stern gaze on the chauffeur. I twiddled with my fingers nervously. He raised an eyebrow and smirked as if seeing through my lie.

"I didn't say a first name." he stated. Dammit! I just gave it away. Tobias growled quietly.

"So what? Who is she to you?" he cut in, stepping forward slightly.

"I myself, am only escorting Miss. Redfield, I am not the one to answer your questions, Now please Miss, will you please enter the car without argument, or I shall have to take matters into my own hands." he said politely. "and Celia will answer your questions, first we must get on, I believe she has a very busy schedule planned, and she is very impatient may I add." he smiled as if to his own little weird joke.

If he thought I was randomly getting into this car, he was so wrong,

"What gives you an idea that I will go anywhere with a stranger, who even sent you?" I asked angrily.

"Please, I have little patience left, get into the car, now." he said, losing his patience and his polite act was wearing away. Tobias scoffed,

"You heard her, she's not going anywhere with you!" Tobias, now baring his teeth in defence hissed.

"Newborn, do not talk to me like that, I will rip your heart out of your ribcage so fast you won't even realise it, you both have 5 seconds to get in the fucking car or I will tie you up and throw you both in." the dirty blonde retorted, I could now see two shiny pointed fangs peeking from within his mouth, I gulped quietly.

"1...2..." he started, I didn't know what to do, but he was suddenly interrupted. A door at the back of the limousine opened. A woman emerged wearing the same glasses as the driver.

"Chris, What is taking so long-" she said in an all posh American accent, her eyes landed on us both. She smiled.

"Ah, I hope Chris isn't holding you up too long, he is the one to talk, come on, into the car, you two need outfits for the ball, we can't have you going as well...you, you both look dreadful darlings, hurry along now." she had a friendly approach, and I felt I could trust her, not sure about Tobias though he has some issues about this whole thing. Ball? They weRe here to buy us outfits for the ball? Did Dante send them? I don't even know how I'm going, the boys won't let me step foot out of the house if I told them.

I paused for a moment, The chauffeur that I now knew his name was Chris, smirked, it was obvious he was a bit pissed that he couldn't finish his little countdown, but he'll get over it, unless he holds a grudge.

"Come on, stop dawdling." The woman peeking out the car said, I shuffled along into the car, Tobias opened his mouth to persuade me not to, but I was already in the limo and seconds later so was Tobias.

"Now, I'm Celia." she started, introducing herself and holding out a hand for me to shake, I besieged before returning the favour she did the same to Tobias.

"This must be your courtier I presume?" she asked me, she thought Tobias was the one taking me...but who else that I knew would go, I would take Emerson, but no humans allowed, I'm an 'exception', my cousins can't go, nor would they even if they were allowed. Tis is such a mess.

Tobias opened his mouth to correct her false accusation.

"Yes, Tobias is." I said quickly, she smiled approvingly. Tobias looked over to me and gave me a confused look, I ignored it and went on to listen to Her schedule.

"Ok, first Master Dante wants you to both look presentable, I'm thinking a suit for you." she pointed to Tobias already noting down what size he looked like. "Bow ties or Ties?" she asked him.