Chapter Forty-Three

3rd Person POV

"How did we let this happen?" James growled once they had got home, he was cranky from lack of blood, and being around it at the hospital wasn't helping.

"Because we're idiots." Ryan mumbled. Falling onto the one seater and running a tongue across his lips.

"You know-" Peter started, as he tried to keep balanced "You should have just turned her." He let out a cough, the silver had hardened from his cold blood and was slowly leaving his system as it disintegrated and he was still weak. Tobias was on the floor in the corner, knees up to his chest and his arms wrapped around, his head was against the wall as he looked ahead through the window into the night.

"Hmph...and have her hate us for all eternity, well..." Adam mused sarcastically towards his idiot brother, who secretly cared for her like them all, but refused to say it.

They were all gathered around the living room which seemed to be a regular hangout in their house and were all saying the same thing to each other 'why did they let this happen?'

It was the middle of the night and the idea that Eliza was constantly sleeping kind of gave them chills, no one had known that within a few seconds her life could be so distraught and wrecked. If anything did actually happen to her then it will be on there conscious for however long they will live, Tobias had claimed it wouldn't be long, for he had nothing to actually live for if she was gone, and living with her relatives just seemed so wrong. So Tobias was losing his mind, the boys were unreadable at this point and they just waited impatiently for a call, or the morning light telling them that they could return to the hospital. They wouldn't be able to sleep they all knew, so they waited for the morning sun.

How did one young girl, have such a hold over them, she kind of grew on the four of them and acted like they had a normal little sister. Even if they weren't normal people.

Was it really just the thought of breaking that promise? Or was it really because they admired the pure heartedness of a young teenage girl, who would do anything to save others?

"I'm going out for a snack, otherwise I will honestly lose it in that hospital, and that won't be good for anyone." Tobias hissed annoyed, it surprised them all, that he was able to gorge on humans, when he had expressed his feeling to her earlier that day, Eliza would have begged for him not to kill anyone but that was the inner monster inside the newborn, thinking all his emotions would be washed away with bloodlust.

Oh, how he was wrong, but he would learn, a vampires emotions aren't all that they are cracked up to be, stronger than any human one, it can't just be washed away with a simple feeding, no, you would truly have to be a monster, and even then a creatures emotions can't just disappear.

"Tobias-" James started.

"What?!" Tobias snapped angrily, it took even James by surprise at his sudden outburst it was messing with them all.

"Never mind." James finished.

Tobias grunted and slammed the door on his way out almost knocking it off its hinges.

Tobias had so many emotions swirling through his head that he didn't realise the oncoming pedestrians and without a single thought just barged through them all, mumbling curses. He wanted to get his mind off Eliza, he wanted to have some fun.

"Wow, he really does like Eliza." Peter said surprised, he widened his eyes in shock, Peter had always thought they were just friends, but apparently not.

"Yeah, he likes her a hell of a lot, and as much as a think that's sweet, I'm not quite sure his leaving motives were quite because he was hungry." Adam realised, James stood up quickly.

"What you think he's going to the hospital?!" James questioned, it dawned on him.

"If someone you loved was dying, and you knew how to save them, would you do it?" Ryan growled, Peter shot him a look.

"Don't even start with this Ryan, for once stop comparing everything to the past, she's gone alright, gone!" Peter hissed pushing his brother back, Ryan growled in response.

"And what? I didn't see you trying to do anything about it?" Ryan retorted, Peter grabbed his brother and flung him across the room.

"What could I do?" Peter growled finally.

"Fucking hell guys. Don't make everything about yourselves, this isn't about you an your past, Peter's right, Ryan, she's gone, and nothing you do will bring her back alright, now think about the present and try to save someone who is actually still living." Adam growled, his fangs bared at them, Ryan stood up straight and walked out the room panting.

"That was low Ryan." James grumbled harshly, Ryan shrugged from the other room. They all started full throttle to the hospital.

Tobias was making his way to the darkest alley he could find and it turned out to be not far from the house itself. He turned quickly and stalked down there, he made no sound as he climbed onto the dumpster and jumped onto the roof of a launderette. He crouched and landed himself neatly so he had a good view overhead, and right on time too, because just as he got neat, a young girl came walking into the alley.

Stupid girl.

Out late at night like this, well, she was no more than 20 he smirked, the monster within him was clouding his thoughts and all he could think of was what type of blood was flowing through her veins. He could almost taste her as he silently jumped off the roof landing in perfect silence, behind her, too quiet for her to hear. Her red stilettos clogged on the floor when she walked. Turned out she wasn't as stupid as Tobias first thought, her back door turned out to be here, so it wasn't really her fault that her life was about to be ended.

As he stalked closer to her, his fangs protruded out his smile, and his eyes burned red, but something fought him out of his thoughts, and not just anything can cloud out a bloodlust. He perked up his ears, just as his meal entered her house and closed the door, she was old news.

"So we charge into the hospital and then what? Make sure she's still alive?" A very familiar voice said, it was gone as soon as he heard it, no more than a block away, you would have had to be a vampire to hear it.

Tobias' first thought was that he had to stop them, they couldn't just ruin her life like that, it wasn't right, they knew Eliza never wanted to be a vampire, and they were still going ahead and doing it.

'Make sure she's still alive' those five words were all Tobias needed to set him off. Speeding like a light towards the hospital, he was determined to stop them, he told her that he would support her choice in any way possible, and she didn't want to be a monster then he would do anything to prevent that

The darkness was his day, and as hardly anyone was around he could see just perfect as the bright lights of the hospital came into view.

He just hoped he wasn't too late.

---------------------------------

Ok...Short and quick I know, but I just wanted this little POV bit out there, so it's like a team race and they are trying to beat each other to Eliza, whereas both their reasons are inocrrect, Tobias wasn't trying to get to Eliza, and now it's going to get crazy.

Anyways...Bye. :P

VOMMENT! x