Chapter Twenty-Five

"No, No, No...All wrong." Celia persisted, pushing me back into the changing room, what was wrong with what I was wearing? It was a frilly pink dress, how was that wrong? Not that I liked pink, but anything to get me out of here, going naked would be a better option that this torture, even taking the risk and running out into the one with vampires was not as painful. Seriously.

"Urgh.." I groaned as I slid off the dress and was in bra and panties, you know, I wish I could be locked in my bedroom when my cousins wouldn't let me out, then I wouldn't have to go through this. Any other girl,p would probably jump at the chance of trying on all this expensive clothes, but no, not me, I'm not that girl. The only thing keeping me sane, was the idea that by going to this ball, I was keeping everyone safe from harm.

I slipped on the next dress, this must have been the hundredth by now, and I don't think Celia is stopping anytime soon, she hasn't approved any of the dresses...that she picked out! Jeez...a monkey could have better luck that me. By now I stopped looking at the dresses that Celia has picked out, I just put them on, walked out, and walked back in got changed and repeat. She better pick one soon, an have I mentioned I have, shoes, tiaras, and jewellery to go yet.

I mean, I didn't even need a tiara!

I stepped out into the light after drawing back the ruby red curtain and spun around, let's just say thank god I wasn't wearing high heels.

Celia raised an eyebrow to me and stood up to examine my dress closer, I mean, what was she looking for? Dirt? Doubt it, this shop hasn't been nothing but pristine clean, not a smudge on the floor or Walls, it's like...perfect.

"Hmm.." she thought to herself. "Maybe in a lighter shade, making your eyes really Pop?" she said to herself in a rhetorical manor, I rolled my eyes and waited for her to tell me no, it was never a yes.

"No, No, No...too frilly, try the the bluey green one, it should really make your eyes pop!" she told me clapping her hands, as if she knew it was the right one, I really hope it it, I don't think my body can take any more squeezing into dresses.

A few minutes later I had actually got myself into the dress she was talking about, it wasn't as light as I would have liked it to be, I was dark almost a navy blue, with this tinge of green, and I hated it. It was ugly and tight, it gripped my figure, and there was way too much cleavage showing.

I stepped out into light and crossed my arms angrily, hoping she would see my hatred for it. She turned to me and whirled her lips.

"Hell no, we are not having you in that dress, I think I might just go vampiric style on you because honey, you sure ain't rocking these dresses. " she told me, she wasn't even trying to be nice about it, and what was vampiric style? Oh god...what was I getting into?

She walked away from me, was I supposed to follow? Or just wait? I still had the ugliest dress in the world on! I rushed into the changing rooms and stripped down, putting on my original clothing and stepping out, I decided to wait for Celia to get back because by now he could be anywhere, vampires and there damn super speed.

Just as I looked over to the door, a group of kids stormed into the shop, they were an average bunch as I presumed as they were laughing, there was two boys and three girls, one of the boys was that one that I had pissed off outside, shit!

They started to mess around and pretend to try on all the clothing. The girls were pulling faces, as they came into the shop, they all took their glasses off, double shit!

As if to my rescue, yet I'm not in any apparent trouble, Celia returned, with what looked like what Jessie was wearing the night I met her, it wasn't a dress, but It definitely screamed vampire, maybe I would agree if I actually was one, but I'm not nor will I ever want to be.