Chapter Sixteen

Quite a few questions ran through my mind and I felt awkward asking Jess about them, for two reasons; one, I have know her for less than an hour and two, she's a fucking Vamipre! How would I even approach in the right manner, even if she did seem friendly and kind, if not a bit of a prankster. Although she did scare me and Emerson.

"Jessie?" I asked cautiously, I wanted answers, and if I waited till got home, my cousins definitely would not tell me.

"Yes?" she didn't turn around, she kept on walking.

"What's a Red moon?" I understood that it must be a moon which is red, but what purpose did it serve?

"It's more of a calling, a sign, it brings all of the worlds to one, one night of the month, it's a law, that we aren't allowed to lay a finger on any other species, when the moon is up, it's a peace treaty or so you might say, this night is the worst night for humans, because all of us can run around freely, and not fear of being attacked by anyone stronger than themselves...understand? I'm really, really, really surprised they let you out tonight, I'm going to have words, honestly, as guardians of you Eliza, I don't think they are the greatest, and Emerson, Josh is very protective isn't he, I have only met him twice but he acts differently. Anyway... You don't want to hear me babble on." she said, i cant believe they let me out, but if they had told me not to, I probably would have gone anyway, but it would have been nice if they tried.

Emerson shifted his hand slightly with mine, and I bit my lip gently but as I went to open my mouth, Emerson beat me to it.

"What is Vampersia?"

For a moment she paused, I didn't expect to get a answer from then on and I didn't want to push her any further, but she answered.

"It's a Nightclub, for Vampires. That's basically it really, Only supernaturals can see it, its under the radar, and Never step foot inside, either of you." her voice went dark at the end and I knew she meant it, but then she went back to a cheery topic, and I felt that the pain in my ribs had come back but not as strongly, my fingers we fine but they stung.

Before I even realised it, i was home, with Jess in front and Emerson beside me, never letting go of my hand.

Knock! Knock!

The door opened, and for once they looked normal, no angry teeth or scary face, no confused faces, but Ryan stood there, looking normal. He didn't see me or Emerson behind. Because Jessie stood in front.

"Oh, Hi Jess." he said surprised. She didn't reply.

Once Jessie stood aside and revealed us, Ryan's normal face dropped.

"Oh, hell, What did they do now?" Ryan sighed, glaring at me in particular. We did nothing.

"Nothing so far, Are you four stupid..?" Jessie started, by now all four were in the doorway.

"What have we done?" James gasped crossing his arms.

"I don't know, umm...Let them roam free on a Red Moon!" Jessie said angrily, well, she definitely should be some kind of lawyer.

"Don't be stupid, we wouldn't dare...it's suicide." Adam growled.

"Oh, well, step outside, look, the moon must be red for no reason." Jess said sarcastically before waving her arm out to let them see themselves.

They all looked at each other, before Peter stepped out to look, and as Jessie said, the moon was White, with ever so small, outlines of red, which the darker it became the redder it got.

"Shit, how could we forget?" Peter mentally slapped himself and hissed.

"Get inside, all of you, Jessie your invited in." Peter finished.