Chapter Twenty-One

3rd person POV

They heard everything, Eliza's cousins had heard everything and thought best not to intervene, but they were confused on who Tobias actually was to Eliza, a friend? Emerson seemed pretty uptight about him, and They all seemed a bit unstable when they confronted each other, Peter wanted to go and watch, not hear, he would have encouraged a fight. Ryan and James were trying to make sure Emerson and Eliza weren't hurt, and Adam was purely intent on listening.

They had heard Eliza's fight with Emerson, it was a bit like a old couple fight, but of course Eliza was the one to have had enough and sweep Emerson away. Before retreating to her room.

It must have been about 12pm, when Eliza got up from her nap, midday, and she went to the kitchen to make herself lunch, she must have been starved, two of the boys were having a stare off across the dining room table, Adam and James, Eliza thought it would be best if she ruined it.

She sneakily looked at Adams chair, and used some strength, not enough to actually damage herself, but to yank his chair back, and surprisingly it worked. Adam slipped off the chair and fell on his butt on the floor.

"ELIZA!" he screeched, standing up from his spot.

"I was no where near you." she said, sarcasm obvious in her voice, he rolled his eyes and she walked away. Crashing into Ryan in the process.

"Watch it, little one." he said edging around her and upstairs into his room, in fact She hadn't seen his room yet, and Eliza had a sneaky idea in mind.

Eliza's P.O.V

I hadn't really seen any of there rooms yet and I don't know why that made me curious but it did and I didn't like it. I wondered if I could prank him or something?

First I needed food. Preferably the only thing that they actually had edible for me. The cereal. Well, it was better than nothing. So here i am, eating cereal out if the box while walking up the stairs to be nosey and look in their bedrooms.

Reaching the top of the stairs I caught my breath, I still wasn't that healthy but I was getting fitter. The room door to Ryan's hangout was open, and I walked in.

"Yo, Ryan!" I exclaimed, he turned to face me from where he taking off his shoes, I decided to help myself around the room, he wouldn't mind. I thought, smiling, I knew I was spilling crumbs in his room.

"Eliza, what are you doing? And stop getting crumbs everywhere, I just cleaned this room." I said, angry but in a jokey way.

"Cleaned? This place is a dumpster, which has been through the garbage disposal unit!" I told him, rolling my eyes at his lack of the word 'clean' because this room certainly didn't fit the definition.

I caught sight of an old folded piece of paper, and picked it up, unfolding it, a beautiful girls portrait was on it, beneath there was a date 1889, Woah! I thought, old or what, the girl had piercing brown eyes and medium brown hair in big curls, her complexion was perfect.

"Who is this?" I asked, Ryan looked up after taking off both his shoes. He looked at what I was holding. Then looked down.

"It's her." he sighed, this must have been the Victoria that wound Ryan up so much, was she his girlfriend or something?

"Wow! She's beautiful." I told him, he probably knew this, but I thought I might point it out again.

"I know."

"Did you love her?" I don't know what gave me the right to say this but I had to know, but curiosity killed the cat.

"Yes." was all he said, no explanation, nothing, I placed the picture back down on the table, and gave Ryan a attempt of a smile.