Chapter Eleven

3rd Person POV

It had been about two hours since they lost sight of the black van seemingly in an unnatural rush to get from point a to point b, and their em nerves started settling in. They'd searched all over town at least twice and every time, nothing showed up, nothing that screamed 'supernatural' at least.

"Adam, are you sure-" James started, but stopped once Adam's fiery glare landed on his, I think they had the answer.

"I'm not stupid." Adam retorted, but even he was having doubts about what he saw zooming past. His shades could have darkened it, it could have been a dark green or even navy blue, but he was sure it was black, almost positive.

None of them were used to this; having to worry about anyone but themselves; and a newborn girl at that. It wasn't in any handbook that they could imagine, especially seeming that this girl was devious little thing.

"I think we might have to take into account that if these are hunters, then do we even want to look, or is there any point if she's going to be..." Peter trailed off, the brothers glowering at him, their eyes seeping into that all familiar crimson.

Nobody wanted to believe that she might have lost the battle.

"She's perfectly capable of defending herself...for a short while at least, if there's a chance we can help then we will, she can use her magic voodoo stuff." Ryan explained, trying to get himself to believe his own words, they all wanted to believe she was ok, and not that she was facing the real death, fact was, she's inexperienced and taking on hunters was quite an ordeal.

"She can control demons and every other fuck up in the world, not humans." Adam cut in again, but no more was said because they got sidetracked by the loudest racket in the town.

Boom!

All their eyes widened and their gazes caught hold of a large orange mist of grey and yellow, erupting from downtown, seeping into the sky above and polluting the atmosphere. They started running towards it, hoping it wasn't anything to do with Eliza, or the hunters won't be their worry.

They turned a corner to a street about five blocks from where they were standing, and they weren't sure whether to be pleased or displeased, because the good news was that no bodies were sprawled in the street, the bad news was that no one knew if anyone was inside.

James was first to react, running full speed into the building. Pushing his way through the fiery door. He didn't even know whether this was anything to do with Eliza, however, he was willing to take the chance.

"He's an idiot, and I'll be damned if he does something stupid without me." Peter hissed, following in behind.

Everything was in flames, shrapnel was scattered inside and out, not only did a bomb go off, but it hit the appliances causing a very angry fire.

Before long all four boys were stampeding inside, coughing as the smoke entered their undying lungs, vampires are tricky to kill, but fire is one of the methods that could potentially end them.

The flames were loud like thunder and everything became like a sauna gone bad, they had to see if Eliza was in here, for all they knew it could have just been an ordinary human accident.

Bodies began to litter the floor, and James could see some of them still moving, and their wounds healing, but scorch marks still burned into their skin, they had been right, there were vampires in here, a lot of them. Not only that, but the stench of werewolves filled their nostrils, if there were any humans, they would have been blown to bits, even the vampires were struggling to survive. A few screeches echoed through the walls, making a couple of walls cave in on each other.