Chapter Thirty-Six

Eliza's POV

Pacing down the stairs, I couldn't get that strange odour out of my head, Tobias had no idea what it was, and I didn't know what to do. All I knew was that they were gone and someone had taken them...someone that wasn't a vampire, could Dante's minions get here that fast? But how could they get in? Did Dante know more people, more creatures? That could have gotton in?

"Tobias we have to do something," I pleaded, twitching my fingers together nervously, my body was beginning to sweat, and it wasn't a pleasant sight.

"I know, my parents would know what to do." he stated quietly, watching the ground, I didn't say anything for a second. I just let him sob for a moment, before he looked up, small trickle of blood seeped down his face.

"What about Emerson." I contemplated to myself, suddenly Tobias let out a growl and looked up to me angrily.

"Emerson? What is that puny human going to do?" Tobias spat, turning his nose up, I sighed, I still don't know what wound Tobias up so much about him, I hardly saw Emerson and it's not like anything was happening between us, I was now dating Tobias. I smiled at the thought, that kinda has a ring to it, Tobias and Eliza.

"Not actually Emerson, he has a brother, he might be able to help us." I stated, Josh might be able to help, if I knew a way to contact Jessie I would but I don't have her phone number. I pulled out my iPhone and scrolled through the contacts until I reached 'Emerson Jarred' I clicked and it started ringing his number.

I glanced a look at Tobias who was watching me carefully, I don't know why. On the fourth ring, he picked up.

'Eliza? Thank god, when you disappeared from school, I was really worried, where have you been?' he asked quickly.

'Don't worry, it's a long story.' I said quickly pressing away from the subject. 'Hey Emerson, is Josh there?' I asked quietly.

'Josh?' he inquired 'Why?' he asked, is that Jealousy I detect?

'I haven't got time for this, please Emerson, is he there or not?" I said urgently, almost yelling at him down the phone. The line went quiet for a moment and a sort of huffing noise echoed down the line. A new voice popped on.

'Eliza?' the voice I recognised to be Josh's questioned.

'Hi Josh, right, I need your help, Ryan, Peter, Adam and James are gone, kidnapped!" I exclaimed, Josh made this noise down the phone, I couldn't quite work out what it was.

'Kidnapped? By who? How? What?' he hissed down the phone, I shivered, that noise was creepy.

'Yes, we need your help.' I repeated. Waiting for his reply, he breathed, and I could picture him contemplating.

'I'll be over in five.' he stated, then the phone cut off and I hung up, I looked over to Tobias who seemed to have calmed down.

"So we don't invite one human, so we invite another." Tobias said quizzically, raising an eyebrow at me, I rolled my eyes, him and humans.

"No, Josh Is a friend of my cousin's, they don't seem the type to have actual friends." I laughed, Tobias smiled and nodded.

"That's true, and between you and me, Peter scares the crap outta me." he exclaimed, widening his eyes. I covered my mouth stifling a laugh.

"Yes, Peters a crazy one." I agreed, I was thinking o a way to defend him, but I couldn't think of any. Josh was right, it was no more than five minutes that he broke open the door, breathing heavily. Immediately he eyes darted to Tobias. He walked in and immediately his nose caught hold of something that made him scrunch up his nose in disgust.