Chapter Seventeen

Eliza's P.O.V

Yawning loudly I stretched my arms out and sat up, looking around my room to find it exactly how I left it, I looked over to The clock. 2:00pm! Why didn't they wake me...oh, yeah...I'm an adult now. I hope not too much had changed after the little fight we had, I hope Emerson is alright, not that he wouldn't be, but I was always worried about people around me.

They said that I could ask Questions and they would answer now, but I was now scared, they said that I might hate the answer and they wouldn't be held responsible if I threw up, did I really need to know that much, maybe just the simple things.

I swung my feet over the edge of the bed. Then stood up. I pulled out some clothes which consisted of; a rainbow paired of hightop's a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a top that said 'when life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.' good old David and Goliath.

I tidied myself up and left my room. In a few days or so I would actually be going to school, my hand felt better and my ribs weren't so painful. So I traipsed down the stairs to find a beam of daylight landing on my face, the warm heat, gently making me relax. I turned into the living room, four boys were lounging around, watching telly, They didn't even look my way, but I knew that they had acknowledged my presence. A news report was on the television, and it brought me to a thought, I can properly look at the crumpled yellow paper, I quickly turned around and ran back up the stairs.

Reaching my room, I quietly opened one of my drawers and dug around the bottom, my finger caught onto a paper, and I yanked it out, I paused before closing my drawer and breathing I opened the crumpled up piece of paper, and read the words in my head.

WANTED 

Eliza Redfield

A picture of myself planted itself on the page, how many of these can there be, why would this happen to me? I read on.

'Known for being the Aphraver and other unidentified powers...'

How did they know? None of the boys would hand me in...would they?

'Wanted Alive in ANY form of state, Reward...$1,000,000.

Well it was nice to know that I wasn't worth being dead, big relief, I thought sarcastically, I worth worth one million dollars, I'm that awesome? Im thinking like a mad woman.

There was a name of who to deliver to at the bottom. Dante.

It didn't have a surname, so obviously this person was known well, and must be very high up in whatever he did. My heart started racing faster, it would burst out of my ribcage any second. I would have people lining up to get me and I didn't know what to do, did I have to hide for the rest of my life. I held my hand to my mouth to stifle a gasp.

I started new school soon, I was out in the open, a sitting duck. I had to tell the boys didn't I? Or would they laugh at my childishness...I told them I was mature and didn't want to be treated like a child, but I didn't know what to do. I sat back onto my bed and massaged my temples.

What had my life become?

No, if I acted cool and told them about the paper, they would understand that wasn't a nervous wreck, right? Yes, they must, besides they might know this...Dante..

I grabbed the paper, and made my way downstairs...again. They will understand. I hope. My feet clucked on the steps, they will protect me, or would they tell me that I should handle it myself. I can't get in a argument with myself.

Then there I was, standing in front of them all looking scared out of my mind, to there blank faces looking at my, Ryan taking up the entire sofa, Peter sitting in and armchair sideways, James resting on the backrest of the large sofa and Adam, outstretched in the floor.