Chapter Thirty-Two

None of us could comprehend why Tisha was so different from normal vampires, if that in fact is what she is. The boys were almost certain there weren't many other creatures that didn't have a heartbeat and were still in control. I decided I had to face her, after all she was my sister.

I opened the door and found her sitting on the floor resting against a pillar, with two bloody tears running down her cheeks.

"T-Tish?" I whispered, catching her attention, she wiped her eyes and looked up at me.

"I knew you would hate me, I never should have come, you could have remembered me as your sister, rather than.." she looked down at herself "this." I sat opposite her outside and she tucked her legs up to her chest.

"Tish, I could never hate you." I told her, reaching out to rub her arm, now I touched her bare skin, she was cold, ice cold.

"You couldn't?" she asked surprised, she sniffled her nose and tilted her head back against the pillar.

"Of course not, you're my sister, I would love you no matter what." I hushed her, she smiled, I could now see her two pearly white canines, it didn't look right on her, she looked scary, she dropped down to a half smile.

"Yeah, you're going to ask me what happened aren't you?" she said, breathing the obvious, she laughed a little bit.

"Yep." I said nodding, waiting for her to answer, I knew she would, but the truth was, did I honestly want to know?

"I have always known about it all Eliza, but mom and dad promised me not to tell you, they didn't think you were ready for that, hell, when they told me, I almost lost my freaking mind." she laughed, I could just imagine the thoughts rolling through her head as she said these words.

"You remember when I was nervous when dropping you off, I knew I was leaving you in the hands of...vampires." I could tell the word tasted foreign in her mouth, she didn't even hint in our whole lives about anything like this, she is one good secret keeper.

"I lied about going to uni, I was never there," she told me, looking into my eyes, I blinked a few times, then where has she been?

"What have you been doing all this time? I asked impatiently. She sighed.

"I'm 18 remember, before mom and dad, well...you know, they told me i had to go see my uncle and aunt, because, I was ready, but no one is ready for what happened." she stated, grimacing from the memory. Uncle and aunt? The psychos that tried to kill me?

"The boys mom and dad?" I asked, she nodded.

"They, They...I don't know, we were having dinner the first night I arrived and they laced my drink with, vampire blood, it all started from there. I woke up, with all these strange emotions flowing through me and agonising pain all through my body." she faded off on the last few words.

"Okay, I get the picture, so you became a vampire." I figured, sighing, how could they ruin someone life like that? Tisha wasn't that kind of person, wait, 'that kind of person'. I thought Ryan said you get twisted when you turn into a vampire? Tisha was well, still Tisha, nothing changed really about her. She continued with her story.

"They told me I had to drink. I had to drink human blood, until the point I took their life," she said emotionless, Tisha wasn't a killer, what kind of people would do such a thing to their niece.

"It was an accident Eliza, I didn't mean to do it!" she cried, gripping my arms, as if I was about to yell at her, but she abruptly pulled back, bringing a hand to her mouth.

"Tisha, stop. You didn't have to tell me. Just tell me how you're in sunlight without shades." I told her, ushering her gently to calm down.

"Oh, I forgot about that, you have your power, and I have mine." she said smiling. She ran a hand through her hair, tucking it to one side.