Chapter Eight

3rd Person

Ryan sat down on a dull, grey rock and smiled it could have crumbled at any second under Ryans body weight, but chose to allow his weight to stand, Peter and Adam sat on the ground next to him, breathing deeply and patiently, James just stood, with his arms folded, leg kicked back against a nearby tree, with a cheeky grin on his face, but the sadness of his brothers concerned him greatly, he sighed.

"Oh, come on! You're not worrying about Eliza are you?" James said, he was getting a bit fed up with the subject, he loved Eliza and all that, she was family after all but he was getting tired of Adam mentioning it a thousand times on the way down.

"She is 15, cut her some slack, remember when we were fifteen?" James finished, a bit sarcastically. He smiled at the memory, maybe he didn't choose the best of words.

"Yeah, we almost blew up the whole house and wrecked thedining room because we were drunk." Adam replied grimly, he rested his face in his hands, he was thinking as if James cared nothing for the girl, when he clearly did, they all did, fighting the urge to just kill someone in that second, he didn't because he had to be patient.

"She'll be fine!" Ryan reassured, lying smoothly, he was also pondering about the subject, he wavered his hand in a gesture to just forget for the time being. Peter wondered whether to object but They slowly nodded in agreement, before shooting off the ground and putting their game faces on.

"You smell that?" Ryan said happily. Licking his lips in a hungry gesture. He could tell it would end in a fight over dinner.

"Mine!" James yelled, shooting past them all, at inhuman speed and flying past buildings, making sure he wasn't seen by anyone, even if there was hardly anyone around, he had to be careful even so, the people that were there, James presumed they were not going to be around for long, his brothers had a bigger appetite than him.

James caught the smell nearby and soon enough, it was in sight-or, she was in sight. James was standing still behind her as she stopped to do her shoelace, as soon as she would stand up James would pounce. Easy prey, James always did like it when they ran, but tonight, the growing worry of leaving Eliza alone would overcome the temptation.

He bared his teeth, and licked his dry lips, leaving the other three to get their own food. She stood up and brushed her hair to one side, revealing her soft tender neck right into James face, big mistake.

James chuckled quietly, undetectable to the human ears, but he lurched forward as if teasing someone, and they didn't even know it. James couldn't wait any longer. He snatched her wrist and yanked her against a wall, pressing himself on her, to prevent her from running, although she wouldn't get anywhere, even if she tried.

He toyed with her hair, twirling it between his fingers, a hand cupped over her mouth, letting her pleas bounce off his strong hand, as her eyes widened in horror, there was no escape now.

He lurched forward like a dagger and gently grazed the skin before entering her neck, his two teeth neatly impaled themselves inside her and she gave a slight gasp, before tugging at him,James wouldn't have noticed it without her flailing arms everywhere.

He felt his hunger slowly disappear and re-plant itself at the bottom of his stomach waiting to resurface and drive him into bloodlust. It was how vampires could tell how long they could go without feeding, if left to long and risen high, it would be almost impossible to control.

When he had taken enough blood to satisfy him and so she was still alive, James made sure she was unconscious, she would remember nothing of what happened or how it had happened, they never did.

He released his tight hold on her and gently placed her on the ground, it was too dark to see anything, well, for a human, James could see as if it was mid day and the night was his sunshine. It had only just gone dark, he had been longer than He had intended, and his growing worry was not something to be proud of as a vampire, He shrugged his shoulders and walked away from the scene not even thinking twice.