No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 6

Chapter Six

I fell asleep on the couch that night, with Chase. But he woke me up, and asked me to come outside with him. I blinked hard and gave him a questioning look.

"Why?"

"I just need to..." He mumbled. I got up and followed him outside to the back porch. He pulled out a lighter and I raised my eye brow.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"I need a cigarette," he hummed. "I'm stressing out. Tomorrow's the day." He lit it up and leaned against the house.

"You'll be fine," I said, taking his hand that didn't have a cigarette. "My mom's an awesome lawyer."

"I just really, really, don't want to go to Juvi..." he blew the smoke out of his mouth lightly, giving my hand a light squeeze. He handed me the cigarette, and I just stared at it. "Want?" he mumbled. I studdered for a second, "I'm not gonna pressure you," he said and put the cigarette in his mouth.

"I've never smoked," I said. He smiled at me.

"Man..." he blew out smoke as he talked, "you need to live a little." He handed me the cigarette again, and this time I took it between my fingers. "Just breathe in," he said.

I did, and then coughed. He giggled a little and put his hand over my mouth lightly, whispering a shhh at me. "Well, sorry." I mumbled. He took the cigarette from me, and puffed on it.

A few minutes later, I was about to fall asleep standing. "C'mon," he said, and pulled me inside.

"You need sleep if you got court tomorrow" I mumbled.

"And you need sleep, cause you got school," he said, and brought my to my room. I fell on the bed, and closed my eyes. The last thing I remember is feeling Chase kiss my forehead, and whispering "Goodnight."

After showering and actually waking up, I went out to get breakfast. Chase opened his door, and I looked back at him. He looked like he hadn't slept at all, and his hair was standing up in a bunch of different directions. "Goodmorning," I said.

"I'm having a bad morning," he mumbled and rubbed his eyes. I was making toast for us, and jumped up on the counter.

"What can I do to make it better?"

"Go to court with me..." he mumbled.

"I wish, but I got school."

"I know, that's why I didn't ask," he stood in front of me, putting his hands palm down on each side of my legs. I was wearing a skirt and flower printed tights. Chase's blue eyes met my gaze and he smiled. "This is probably gonna be the last time I see you," he said. "Unless... I don't go to Juvi. But then you'd probably not ever want to see me again, because I ruined your social life yesterday."

"I have to say, you're pretty cool. I wouldn't mind hanging out again," I said.

He smiled, "I never thought I'd meet a good girl who actually wants to hang out with me."

"I never thought I'd meet an emo delinquent who I'd actually talk to," I smirked.

He tilted his head back and groaned. "I'm not a delinquent. And emo just means emotional, I'm not very emotional."

"Wow, only an emo would say that," I smiled.

He shook his head, and leaned right up close to my face. "I may have cut before, but I'm not emo," he said, his face got even closer, and I got nervous. The toaster popped up and I flinched. He backed away a little and smiled at me.

I could feel my blush as he stared at me. "Stop looking at me" I mumbled and handed him one of the slices of toast.

"We'll just have to finish that later," he smirked at me.

My mom walked in and I blushed more. "Ready to go, kiddies?" she said.

"I just need to fix my hair." Chase said and left the room. My mother had a creeper smile on her face.

"Did I miss something?" she asked.

"Nope, nothing, notta." I said fast and took a bite of toast to shut me up.

"Uh-huh," she said.

Chase walked back out with his hair perfectly straight, and his bangs pushed out of his face a little. He smirked at me secretly.

"Oh, darn! I need to put makeup on" she said and ran out of the kitchen. Chase walked back up to me.

"She saw that, she so saw..." I whispered fast.

He shrugged, "I don't really care."

"I do! First of all, my mother! Secondly, I have a boyfriend." I growled.

"First of all, my lawyer. Secondly, I don't care, he's a dick and you have nothing in common," he put his hands on each side of me again.

"First of all, don't even think about it. Secondly, what do you know about me and Devann?"

"I know that he's a dick, and you deserve better. I know that you have nothing in common. I know he doesn't know you as well as he may think. And I know you don't want to be with him anymore," Chase smiled.

"Whatever, get away from me." I said and pushed his hands off the counter before hopping down. I went to my room, and grabbed my high heels.