No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 15

Chapter Fifteen

I helped my mom with the cooking, as did my aunt. The boys and her kids were out in the living room watching football. I could hear Chase say things in German every once in a while, and I smiled as I realized how well this plan had worked (after getting my parents in on it...)

"Oh dear, what happened to your lip?" My aunt asked.

"Uh," I said, my mom looked over. "My vampire boyfriend likes to bite," I said. 

"Boyfriend?" My mom and aunt asked at the same time. I glanced at my mom, and then back at my aunt.

"Yeah, you know... Devann." I said. My mom let out a laugh,  and then Chase appeared right on cue. I rubbed my forehead.

"Is Devann coming over for dinner?" My aunt asked. I heard Chase laugh a little.

"No, he's gone for the week," I lied.

"Yeah, gone, gone, gone." Chase said and left the kitchen. My mom let out another laugh. 

After a while, my mother asked me to get Chase, and go to the store for some more vegitables. Chase and I left with no complaints, and started walking over to the store. 

He took my hand and swung it between us. "She doesn't actually want us to get food, right?" Chase smirked. I smiled.

"Just potatos," I laughed a little. He dropped my hand and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket. He lit one up, and put his hand in my back pocket. He held out his hand which held a cigarette. I took it from him. 

"Just breathe in," he said. I did, and then handed it back to him as I blew smoke out of my mouth. I thought it actually looked pretty cool. "Not half bad, right?" I shrugged. "If I got weed, would you smoke it with me?"

"No," I said. He blew out smoke as he nodded. 

I didn't know how much longer of my family I could take. Was I really the only person they wanted to talk about?! Chase was 'from Germany', you'd think they'd want to know about him.

"So, what do you want to be when you graduate?"

"I really don't know," I mumbled and poked the turkey on my white plate. Chase was sitting beside me at the long side of the table, and his hand was on my thigh. 

"I think you should be a lawyer, just like your momma here," Kayce said. The thing I hate most about people is when they suggest I do something. I am my own person. 

"Maybe," I said. The phone rang and my mother excused herself. "I just think it would be so much more work then needed."

"It's worth it though, look at this beautiful house!" she said.

I didn't say anything, and kept eating. 

"You should be a social worker," Jarad said, "you seem like you can communicate very well."

"Or an artist! Ah! You would be amazing! That's what you should do. Go to college for art, and meet a nice boy there and get married and be a family of artist!" 

"I rather not," I mumbled, stabbing into my plate. My dad ignored us, and I think it was because he knew I was about to tweak out on them. 

"I think you could be a model, you're very pretty. Just that... That blue, ugh! Why would you do that to yourself?"

"Because I felt like it, okay?! And for your information, I would never be a model, because models are for homely people like you to stare at and mourn over the fact that you're not them! And I'm not going to be one of those girls who makes other people's lives horrible!" I growled and stood up. I pushed my chair back and left the dinning room.

I heard a chair push back, and knew it was Chase. After slamming my door shut, Chase opened it lightly. I was laying face down on my bed, and I couldn't believe I had actually freaked out on them.

Chase laid on my bed beside me, as close as possible. He rubbed my back lightly. I put my face in his neck, and he didn't twitch like he normally did. He wrapped his arm around me tightly. 

"They just think they know what you need," he whispered. "They don't know you."

I heard a soft knock on my door, and I pulled away from Chase. My mom walked in and shut the door behind her. Chase pulled me back to him, and I looked at my mom.

"Chase, can I talk with you for a moment?" she said softly. Chase looked at me, and then kissed my forehead before getting up. My mom gave us a smile, and then took Chase into the hall.