No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 39

Author Note:

Well helllllo there.... here we are, chapter 39... enjoy or don't - I don't care :) 

Yet again, please ignore any paragraphing errors as Wattpad clearly is not compatible with Google Drive. 

Chapter Thirty Nine

I wait patiently at the JFK airport, waiting for the man of my dreams to step out and see me. My feet were tapping and I had just gotten out of work to come here. I was in my business attire, something Kyle hasn't seen me in yet. When I see first class exiting the plane, I stood right away. He'd be out soon.

I saw his slouched shoulders as he stepped out of the dock, he looked around briefly before our eyes met. His smile lit up the whole terminal. He started to speed walk towards me, and he had a new letter jacket on. He dropped his carry on and picked me up in his arms.

"Mmm," he hugged me close. This was the second time he's visited since he started college, a year ago. He released me and looked me up and down, "Wow," he smiled. "How's the job?" his eyes narrowed, he knew I had something to tell him.

"I got a permanent place, starting out at seventeen an hour" I smiled huge at him. He grabbed me again and smiled against my curled blonde hair.

"Oh baby," he sighed. "I've missed you."

"As have I" I stepped away and grabbed his bag. I lifted my chin at him with a smirk and carried his bag for him. He shook his head at me, reaching into his pocket.

"Stop," he whispered and stood in front of me. He kissed my lips and then collapsed. I started at him puzzled and he smiled up at me from one knee. "Marry me" he stated. I stared shocked at this boy, someone I hadn't seen in four months. My eyes teared up, but I laughed and pulled him off the ground.

"Oh, Kyle," I giggled and pushed my head against his chest. "That was so not romantic," I smiled, "I was picturing a room filled with flowers and white candles." I said sarcastically, I hated the romantic stuff.

"I'll try again later," he mumbled with an amused voice.

"Yes" I smiled as he handed me the box. I opened it to see a beautiful and simple, square diamond. "It's beautiful" I hugged him tightly and he grabbed the ring out of my hands. He slid the ring on my finger.

"I called your dad this morning," he whispered in my ear. I smiled. "Want to come to my house?" he smiled.

"And do what?" I smirked at him. He shrugged.

"Start the summer off right, huh Mrs. Kyle Reid?" he said softly with the biggest smile on his face.

The summer months passed all too fast, year and year again. I sat between my parents and Kyle's father in late May. Kyle grew up with only his father. His mother had left him when he was about five or six years old - he couldn't remember and he didn't talk about it.

I was almost asleep listening to Kyle's dean of students talk about the achievements made by this class. I watched Kyle walk across the stadium floor to gather his diploma. Just like in The Breakfast Club, he threw his arm up in a fist and I smiled, knowing he did it for me.

We waited together, my mother was holding around my arm and I was leaning my head on her. I had moved out three years ago, into my own apartment. My mother and I had gotten into an argument six months ago about a phone call she had received. It was Chase, calling to let them know how he was doing. I didn't want to hear any of it. I moved on and I don't want to know how he's doing. I had no need for thoughts of him - they just distracted and confused me.