No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

The news turned on as soon as the hockey game ended. It wasn't a team me or my dad enjoyed watching, but it was on, and it was hockey. The man sat behind his desk, eyes almost glaring into the souls of those watching. 

"A twenty person prison escape was made last night during a rotation of shifts in the city's jail. Names and faces will soon be released. Upon seeing these faces, please contact your local police and keep a safe distance," twenty pictures appeared on the screen, with names under neither.  

My dad turned off the TV before I could see each face. "Why don't you head off to bed, sweetie?" my dad said. 

I sighed, "I have a lot of homework," I said while pushing myself off the couch. 

"Tell Chase to head off to bed too!" I heard my dad call after me, "and this time in his OWN room!" I laughed a little to myself. 

I was laying on my bed when Chase exited my bathroom, stream following him. He gave me a small smile and winked. "Dad says you need to get to sleep," I smiled at him.

He laid down next to me, his mixed blonde and black hair was dripping wet on my pillow. "I sleep here" He said in a childish way. 

"He said specifically that you're sleeping in your own room," I smiled at him and kissed his soft lips. 

"Can you keep kissing me?" He smiled and I kissed him again. I heard my mother yelling at my dad from down the hall, and stopped kissing him. He looked at my door in question. I got up and opened my door a little to look out at them. My mother had her head in her hands, sitting at the table. My dad was squeezing her shoulders in a comforting gesture. 

I went back to my bed where Chase laid. "Well?" He kissed my forehead.

"I don't know, they're just sitting there," I sighed.

"Then let's not worry about it," he hummed and pressed his lips back to  mine. 

After a while of kissing, whispering, and giggling, he got up to go to bed. "Goodnight, babycakes." He kissed my forehead, lifting the blanket over me, smiling. He leaned down to my ear, "I love you," he kissed my cheek.

"I love you," I whispered with a smile. 

"Sleep tight, beautiful" he whispered before shutting off my light, along with my door. 

I woke up and glanced at my clock beside me. Four am. I got off my bed and traveled across the hall to Chase's room, opening the door silently. 

"Mm, baby?" Chase mumbled sleepily. I laid beside him and his arms wrapped themselves around me. "You're so warm," he smiled. 

"Why do you have a pants problem?" I giggled a little. 

"Cause he's nocturnal, and has a mind of his own," he kissed my neck. "But his brain is taking over my body."

"Stop it," I giggled quietly, burying my face into his neck and shoulder. 

"Why're you in here?" he asked quietly into my ear.

"I woke up, I dunno. I wanted to see you," I smiled a little, although I couldn't see him because it was dark in here. 

"Mm, cutie," he kissed my cheek bone lightly. "Sweet sleep."

I had a nightmare about Devann, and he was one of the guys to escape from the jailhouse. He was after me. My eyes snapped open, I turned fast to see the clock on Chase's nightstand. I had only been in here less than fifteen minutes. I sighed shakily and laid back down, warm against Chase.

The nightmare didn't stop, it repeated itself. Every half hour I'd wake up again, scared and thinking Devann was outside of my house, waiting for me. I pushed my face into Chase's chest. I was scared to face the other way, even though I knew it was the way I'd be most comfortable. But I was paranoid. More than paranoid. 

When the sun finally rose, and Chase's eyes slowly opened, I had him get me my laptop.

"What do you need this for?" he mumbled and rubbed his beautiful eyes.

"There was a prison escape, and twenty people got out..." I looked up at him slowly, expecting his eyes to bug out of his head as if he was a cartoon character. But he wasn't, he just shrugged and laid back down. "Devann's jail." I added.

"WHAT?" he snapped out of his half-asleep attitude and stared me down. 

I went to the local new website, looking for the list of names. And there it was. Thirteenth name, Devann's. 

"I couldn't stop dreaming about it last night... He's out there," I whispered. Two men had an X over there face, showing that they'd been arrested again. Devann's face was clear as day, no X. 

"Does Sharon know?" he questioned as he stood up. 

"I wouldn't know, I haven't talked to her," he left the room, and I could hear them talking out in the kitchen. I decided it would probably be a good time to go shower, and get ready for school. I would continue to be paranoid for the whole day, and even the whole week. If Devann isn't found soon, I don't know what could happen.

He could come back for me. He could go after my family. He could do anything. He knows where I am, he knows my classes, my room, my house, my car. And that's what scared me the most.

"Samantha," My mom murmured as she entered my room after my shower. I was brushing my newly brown and blonde hair. "They'll find him, and I don't want you to worry... And I don't want you to worry when you see the police following you everywhere." She added the last sentence with a slight grimace. 

"What?! That's asking for attention, mom!" I groaned.

"I know it is, but they'll be at a safe distance." 

"I'm only getting special treatment because I'm the lawyer's daughter. What about the other people who have been hurt by these criminals?! Shouldn't the police be looking for those idiots instead of watching over some teenage girl, whom will be safe at school?"

"There's only going to be two, and they aren't even going to be inside your classes, just... around." 

I asked her to leave my room and finished getting ready for school.