No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 5

Chapter Five

We were sitting back home in my living room. He was stretched out on the couch and his head was on my lap. Which I was very uncomfortable with. But got use to it.

"Got any gum?"

"Only Spearmint," I said and took out the pack.

"That's the only kind I like," he said with a smile.

"Me too," I mumbled and handed him a piece.

"Thanks, Sam" he said. "Does anyone ever call you Sammy?"

"Nope," I said.

"Just Sam?"

"Pretty much." I said and shrugged, "I'm boring, remember?" I gave him a playful glare.

"Can I call you Sammy?"

"Uhm," I mumbled.

"Live life a little," he said and rolled his eyes. "Live on the edge, go dye your hair pink or some girly ass color. Just do something."

I stared at the TV, and didn't pay him any attention. No one knew the truth about me. And no one ever would. I was happy with being a fake. When I think of dying my hair, I think of hiding behind it. So now, I started thinking about who I really was.

A fake. A joke. A mental. A cutter. A creep. A liar. A wanna-be. I always set the wrong impression on people. I want to live on the edge, I want to be crazy and reckless, but that's not the Samantha people know. I can't change.

Chase sat up and I looked at him. He pushed his bangs out from his eyes again, like he does whenever he's around me. "What'd I say?"

I laughed a little, "Nothing." He pursed his lips to the side and shook his head at me.

"Really, what'd I do?" He bit his lip ring and then the other one.

"N-nothing" I choked a little. His shoulders fell, and he pulled me over to him.

"Please don't cry," he begged, putting his head on mine.

"I'm not gonna cry in front of you," I grumbled.

"Just tell me what I did then. Because you were perfectly fine," he let me go and laid back on my lap.

"I'm serious, you didn't do anything. It's me," I said, but I realized afterward how it sounded like I was breaking up with him, or something.

"You don't even know how many times I've heard that," he mumbled. My phone started to go off, singing a Mayday Parade song. "What the fuck is that SHIT?" he said. I reached forward, and grabbed my phone off of the black coffee table.

"Text," I said.

It was from Devann, asking if we could hang out tonight. I texted back, saying it was a school night, and that I couldn't. In all truth, I didn't even want to see him right now. It seemed my life without him would be the same as it is, or was before I had a boyfriend.

"What'd he say?"

"Asked if I wanted to hang out tonight."

"And it took you that long to say yes or no?" He looked up at me.

"I had to explain." My phone rang again and it said whatevs